Dispatch door locking mechanism

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moizeau
Donor 2024

Dispatch door locking mechanism

Post by moizeau »

My drivers door lock is playing up again, it thinks the door is open when it's not so I can't lock the van. The lock works and extinguishes the door open message with a screwdriver (door open). I can also lock the van by leaning on the door.....but it won't stay locked. I've tried manipulating the lock and hasp to no avail so it looks like I need a new mechanism.
Question. This a RHD van and I'm in France so all the tatyard cars are LHD. There is a key lock on the rhs (drivers for me) but not on the lhs. Just wondering (hoping) that the actual parts for LHD and RHD are the same to cut production costs but the key lock bit is redundant on the passenger side, whether that be LH or RHD?
Are these parts the same, i.e. can I fit a LHD passenger mechanism to my drivers side and keep the key barrel?

Cheers
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
moizeau
Donor 2024

Re: Dispatch door locking mechanism

Post by moizeau »

Think answered my own question unfortunately. Just took the passenger side blanking piece out where the key lock would be, peered in and they are different, bugger.
So would a lhd passenger lock still fit?
I would loose the key barrel which would be a pain if the fob packed up but could still get in through the rear doors to release the drivers door from the inside
Pete
moizeau
Donor 2024

Re: Dispatch door locking mechanism

Post by moizeau »

It's pin no 3 on mine
1712948846062.jpg
Cutting it turns off the door open warning. I did have to reset the auto locking in diag afterwards. It wanted to lock itself, probably due to me playing around with connections
Pete