Carplay Activation

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Hadenbury

Carplay Activation

Post by Hadenbury »

Hi, I have a 2016 C4 Confort Techno Plus. (1.6 BlueHdi version) I heard its Carplay could be activated. I researched everywhere and I couldn't find a solution. The authorized services told me they can not activate Carplay. How can I activate it? Could it be activated by a software update? I downloaded Citroen Update app to my Windows laptop and I got "CITROËN UPDATE does not allow the update for this vehicle. We recommend you to access to the website of the brand." warning.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Carplay Activation

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't simply activate what is not there!

It depends on what system you have and whether CarPlay is supported or not.

I will first need your VIN to see exactly what vehicle you have and which options and equipment to be able to assist. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hadenbury

Post by Hadenbury »

Here is my VIN:

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have a vehicle with a SMEG Head unit, not the later RCC or the NAC units.

Your specs say without Mirrorlink, which was the pre-cursor to Android Auto and for which support has been pretty much discontinued by phone manufacturers and there is no WiFi on board either.

Some units could have a firmware update applied, but they had to be the later models I believe SMEG+ IV2. I can't tell though if your unit is this model as it's a basic model. If you hold down the SOURCE button, it should provide the software version and other info - if you could take a screenshot of that and upload it here using the full post editor option and attachments tab, I may have a better idea of which system you have and whether it can be upgraded or not.

If you have the older earlier SMEG system, then it can't be updated to support CarPlay / Android Auto. In this case you would need to get a later Head Unit, have it coded in etc.

Marc
Hadenbury

Post by Hadenbury »

Hi, sorry for delayed answer. I checked version of SMEG. It is SMEG6.1.D.R19 (I couldn't add screenshot) I think this means it is SMEG+ IV2
Hadenbury

Post by Hadenbury »

Hi, I researched my SMEG version. I saw it has Carplay but it needs a firmware update. When SMEG updated to latest versions, Carplay and Mirrorlink buttons coming to instead of Internet button. But I read Carplay need to activated by "Diagbox" after update.
What we can do right now? Can I do these steps by myself?
Thank you for helps.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

You won't be able to do this yourself unless you have Diagbox V9.**, the laptop and Lexia 3 interface VCI etc. and pay PSA for diagnostic token.

Therefore it would be easier and probably cheaper to ask your dealership to update the firmware and activate CarPlay for you.

Marc
Hadenbury

Post by Hadenbury »

Thanks for help
Hadenbury

Post by Hadenbury »

Hi again. I would ask can I find the firmware and update it myself? I contacted my dealership and they said they are unable to update but if it could be updated they can activate carplay.
I researched and I didn't find the latest firmware. Could you provide me the latest firmware for my car?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry, I don't have it.

Marc