2010 DS3 Bluetooth Pairing Failure

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LizDS3

2010 DS3 Bluetooth Pairing Failure

Post by LizDS3 »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2010 Citroen DS3 1.6 THP Sport Chic as my first car. :-D

The previous owner was using the Bluetooth perfectly fine. However, I am having some trouble pairing my iPhone 8.

My phone picks up the car, and when I do a scan from the car it picks up my phone. Either way, the request for the authentication code pops up on my car but not on my phone. It is as if though my phone never receives the request. I have removed the previous owner from the Bluetooth paired list and I have done several other basic things one would do (restart my phone, turn Bluetooth on/off etc.).

My phone's Bluetooth is functional as it works in my sister's car no problem and I have a diagnostic report saying that the hands-free kit in the car is showing no faults.

I have yet to try a different phone, like an Android or a newer iPhone.

What else can I do to fix this or try to investigate what the problem might be?

Thank you x
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2010 DS3 Bluetooth Pairing Failure

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Remove the connection from your iPhone too under Bluetooth and from the vehicle's list of phones.

Turn Bluetooth off on the phone and then on again, then when you see the Citroen connection on the iPhone select it. If the screen on the vehicle picks it up it then may ask for the code on your iPhone, then it will ask you to select the profiles (contacts/ streaming etc.). Once you've chosen these it should connect - but will take a while to synchronise the contacts list etc from your iPhone.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc