Firmware Update Error for Citroen C4 2022 Shine

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Firmware Update Error for Citroen C4 2022 Shine

Post by GiveMeABreak »

joan17 wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 04:02 Hi, I have a C4 feel pack from 2023, yesterday an update was disponible and I started it, but I turn off the motor cause I thougt the update would keep runing. When I turned on the car there ara multiples issues: the bluetooth conection doesnt work, the parking sensors and the back camera dont work, even the button of the home simbol doesnt work.

On the screen the system version that appears is the AHW.1.25.92.23, but I think that is a failed or anomalus version. Can I reinstall the update that have failed? Thank you.
Hi

Never turn the vehicle off during a firmware update, as you can damage the system.

Start the engine and try inserting the USB and update again, hopefully it will resolve your errors. Also, don't use phones or play with any controls during the update.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cobraman

Post by cobraman »

Please heeeelllp... Aftee OTA update, my infotainment has damaged...got firmware AHW 1.25. 92.23... But car doesnot work at all... Al sensors not work, driving mode, air c... Nothing... Just driving... How can I get firmware and tried flash from usb and avoid going to dealership... Tjanx a lot... My VIN is VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
HEEEELP
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can't help you with this as your vehicle is not returning any updates.

This maybe because of a detected problem with the last firmware released and it may have been pulled by PSA. If you have obtained the corrupt firmware from the internet or an unknown source, then you may indeed have installed a faulty firmware and this is the result.

There is nothing you can do until a revised firmware is released by PSA to fix this. You can try your dealer, but they may ask questions about what firmware you installed and if it was not authorised, then they may decline to assist, even with warranty. Best to just call them and tell them the system is playing up and going crazy. I wouldn't mention anything about a firmware you have tried to install.

Marc
cobraman

Post by cobraman »

Update was automatic, OTA, car ask me to update...not from usb... Have to go to dealer... Will see what they can do
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If it won't update via OTA, then I would speak to your dealer. This is no the first case I've heard of this and there may be an issue with the firmware.

Marc
cobraman

Post by cobraman »

Just to tell you... Just arrived from dealer, they reflesh software and now is everything ok... They said it must be some lost communication with server during update so that cause problem... Thanx anyway, chears!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

👍

Marc
chenkl

Post by chenkl »

It aseems to be global that OTA failed. Mine and few other C4s in Taiwan all experienced the same situation. OTA failed and many system onboard are missing, ADAS, parking assistant, mirror screen, etc. The A/C configuration is wrong and there is heating seating page that my car doesn't have.

I'm currently at the dealer 's workshop and they need to contact French headquarter before they can do anything.

And I found the OTA is dated at 3/16 2024....

Updated: The dealer is able to write the correct software back to solve the problem. I'll stay away from OTA for a while.
20240221_092355.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

See my post here:
viewtopic.php?p=790672#p790672

Not sure how they can release a software with a date that has not arrived as yet??? Unless this is a beta version that may be reduced on that date after testing - so you may be a guinea pig for the corrective firmware.

Either that, or they have used your old firmware and changed the date of the firmware and version number possibly to make the system believe it is a later version to allow it to install to get the system working again. So you may just have your original firmware on despite it saying it is a later version just to get you out of a fix.

Marc
chenkl

Post by chenkl »

Marc, the software version shown on display is the same for both. AHW 1.25.93.23
Attachments
Wrong software
Wrong software
Correct software
Correct software
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So maybe they reapplied the corrected version of the faulty software. You can always update with the same firmware version, but can't go back. But at least it is working now. I have seen cases where the firmware has not installed properly and a repeat is needed.

Marc
the2ems

Over The Air Update

Post by the2ems »

First problem with my C4 C Series after 6 days of ownership.
Had a message pop up this morning stating available update. I clicked on install, then locked up and left it for a couple of hours. On returning to vehicle, a message saying update failed. Just spoke to the dealer who I purchased from, and they are saying that I’m not the only one with the issue, and they don’t know how to fix it. They are currently waiting for a fix from Citroen. So at the moment I have no radio, no speed limiter or cruise control, no reversing camera, and my phone won’t connect. The rose coloured glasses are looking a bit clouded. :(
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 22 Feb 2024, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to similar thread
CITROEN C4 1.2 PURETECH C-SERIES EDITION S/S 5DR (2023)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yep, this is a known issue with OTA updates. A bloody stupid system that can cause these issues. Whether it is because of a failed download / interruption of the installation I can't say. My understanding is that the firmware be applied manually again to rectify the failed update. The dealer should be able to get hold of this.

See a few posts above.

Marc
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 15:23 Yep, this is a known issue with OTA updates. A bloody stupid system that can cause these issues. Whether it is because of a failed download / interruption of the installation I can't say. My understanding is that the firmware be applied manually again to rectify the failed update. The dealer should be able to get hold of this.

See a few posts above.
Thanks for the reply. At the moment I am waiting a call back from the dealer, which I’m not really expecting any time soon. They say that they know of 3 other instances where this has happened, and they don’t know how to fix it, so are waiting for Citroen. They may be having a technician visiting next week :shock:
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I’ve also sent a report via the My Citroen app. Not expecting any response 😂