Xantia HDi power gremlins

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Re: Xantia HDi power gremlins

Post by Rhothgar »

According to the Car Scanner Pro app, no it doesn’t reduce.

I might try and reach down and put a hose directly on the EGR but it holds vacuum so it must be operating as I hear a distinct click when metal meets metals when I relieve the vacuum and it sounds quite a weighty click.

If it’s not reducing do you know what that proves?

Correlation between voltage is that the voltage increase as air flow increases. 2V at idle but 4.7V off top off my head at full throttle.

What Inforgot to mention in my early morning post was I am probably going to drill and tap a new connection into the inlet manifold after the butterfly valve or into the hose before it so I can put a gauge on there. And take a boost reading.

This will show if there is any leak in the intercooler.

Bit of a daft design to be fair to put the MAP sensor on the inlet side of the intercooler IMHO!

What do you mean by intentional? Were they mapped?
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Rhothgar wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 12:28 If it’s not reducing do you know what that proves?
It means there is no (or very little) exhaust gasses getting into the cylinders.
If you are actuating the EGR valve directly with a Mityvac & you can hear a distinct clunk when it closes this would suggest to me there is a blockage somewhere between the exhaust & the inlet manifold. The EGR pipe could be completely choked with gunked up exhaust soot, not unusual on engines fitted with EGR to have choked inlet tracks.

Rhothgar wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 12:28 What do you mean by intentional? Were they mapped?
I dont want Greenpeace abseiling in through the windows of my house so I will send you a PM.
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

wheeler wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 14:17
Rhothgar wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 12:28 If it’s not reducing do you know what that proves?
It means there is no (or very little) exhaust gasses getting into the cylinders.
If you are actuating the EGR valve directly with a Mityvac & you can hear a distinct clunk when it closes this would suggest to me there is a blockage somewhere between the exhaust & the inlet manifold. The EGR pipe could be completely choked with gunked up exhaust soot, not unusual on engines fitted with EGR to have choked inlet tracks.
The inlet tract is presumably the little stub of the side that runs into the stainless less hunk of metal.

Looks like taking the inlet manifold off is the next big job then for me.