Renault Megane II Fuel Pump Relay issue

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

prop777
New User

Renault Megane II Fuel Pump Relay issue

Post by prop777 »

Hi,

Car: Megane II Hatchback 1.6 16V (83kw), Petrol (K4M) y. 2002.

Problem: the petrol pump does not turn on when the car is started, as a result, the car does not get fuel and does not start (the battery and starter work normally).

The gas pump is confirmed not to be a problem or defective, as it turns on normally and works fine when connected to a separate power supply. All fuses are also okay.

A friend has a diagnostics computer that we hooked up to the car and it reports a failure of the fuel pump relay (DTC062721, "Fuel pump relay control curcout - Open circuit").

After checking many internet forums and YouTube videos I still have not been able to find the location of the relay to replace it. It is not located in the fuse box in the cabin under the steering wheel, it is not located on the main fuse box control unit under the hood next to the battery, nor is it under this main fuse box.

I suspect that maybe said relay could be integrated inside the main fuse box under the hood and that it is not a simple "plug and play" relay like in other cars. I would like to confirm this suspicion before replacing the entire fuse box control unit as it costs a couple of hundred.

Or is the relay located somewhere else and I missed it?

thank you in advance for any useful tips!

Best regrards,
Prop