Hi from Bristol!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

111two

Hi from Bristol!

Post by 111two »

Hello Everyone.

I used to have a Peugeot 206 XS 1.6 decades ago. But the reason why I am here is because two days ago I bought a Citroën C8 SX.
I already know I will have to do the dual mass at a certain point this year, but the price was right (very low) and the car was otherwise very well looked after.
Wish me good luck :lol:

Seriously, I was specifically after a Peugeot 807/Citroën C8/Fiat Ulysse as I drove one years ago and I know what I am dealing with.
My daughters live in Germany with their mother (not German, it's a long story) and as paradoxical and counterintuitive as it may seem, it will actually be cheaper for me to drive there than to fly or taking the train.
Let alone the fact that the C8 will allow me to tow a caravan for holiday purposes if I want.

As I found already a lot of useful information in this forum to keep maintenance costs down, here I am!
Giangi

Hoarder of unloved cars.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Hi from Bristol!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome to the Forum. :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Ryan will like this. Another C8.
111two

Post by 111two »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 13:48 Hi and welcome to the Forum. :wink:
Thank you!
Giangi

Hoarder of unloved cars.
111two

Post by 111two »

myglaren wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 13:56 Ryan will like this. Another C8.
Only two?! Is it an endangered species? :-D
Giangi

Hoarder of unloved cars.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Appears to be. There was another but not been here for ages.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Hello Bris-ol
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Hello fellow genius C8 driver!!! At some point our cars will be in a classic car show on how an MPVs should be made.
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Rp0thejester wrote: 08 Dec 2023, 19:44 Hello fellow genius C8 driver!!! At some point our cars will be in a classic car show on how an MPVs should be made.
Indeed, I mourn the passing of the MPV, none now seem to be available and all replaced by SUVs and the like with, as far as I can see, a concomitant loss of practicality...

Maybe, in coming years, even my C3 Picasso will come to be seen as a classic!

Welcome to the forum C8 owner from Bristol :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
111two

Post by 111two »

Thank you all!
@Rp0thejester We will have to do family reunion at a certain point then 😂

@CitroJim Absolutely! Even if nowadays you can see a lot of people going for a VW Caravelle, Ford Transit, etc.. that, conceptually, are not too far away from MPVs like the C8.
At the end of the day the C8 itself (and 807, and Ulysse, and there was also the Lancia Phedra) was based on a van.
Giangi

Hoarder of unloved cars.
chrssalw

Post by chrssalw »

Hi, really sorry I know am in the wrong forum but am not very technical so sorry. Been trying to find a forum on radio codes, I’ve got a 14 plate Picasso and the multi function display is gone. Citroen wanted £1500 to replace and fit a new screen which I found a little ott, so brought a replacement off a salvaged car. Doesn’t come with a code though, any ideas where I can go, tried my local dealership and been told Citroen doesn’t keep codes for my cars age. Any help and again sorry for the wrong forum.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum. No, you are NOT in the wrong Forum; the FCF was formed to help people with problems with their French Cars. If you give it a bit of time somebody on the Forum with more knowledge that I will explain what needs to be done.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
chrssalw

Post by chrssalw »

Found a company online that was able to supply me with a code, had the new screen fitted this morning and that doesn’t come on so am thinking was the old screen wasn’t duff. Does anyone know of any problems ie electrical etc that can effect the screen not working, any help would be appreciated.