2013 C5 Tourer with RT6 upgrade (RHD)

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

lalratty

2013 C5 Tourer with RT6 upgrade (RHD)

Post by lalratty »

I have a feeling that my RT6 or the amplifier is on its way out. One issue is that if I go over a big bump (pothole) I loose sound on all sources including navigation, it will then come back some time later. In hot weather, the RT6 will suddenly go blank screen and silent for several seconds, then return. I've pulled the RT6 out, but can't find any loose or oxidized connections. I had a feeling that the amplifier is somewhere hidden behind the dash, but not sure where or how to get at it.

I use the nav a great deal, as I'm doing deliveries, and I'm also finding that due to it's limited capacity, even the latest upgrades are missing many newer roads.

So, to the main part of my question. Are there any good upgrades to replace the RT6 that will keep the existing screen, reversing camera and steering wheel controls?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2013 C5 Tourer with RT6 upgrade (RHD)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, the maps are still provided, but these are always about a year behind in reality because of time taken to consolidate the new data and create the maps.

That aside, the amp won't be causing screen blanking, so you likely have something else going on and possibly the Internal MicroSD card is on it's way out. If I were you, I would take a backup of your user data immediately at the first signs of trouble, following part A of the Mirascripts procedure in the guide below. Without a backup of your vehicle configuration, if the card fails completely as it gets to end of life when the memory cells can no longer be written to, you won't have your vehicle options and user data to restore in Part B of the guide after you replace the card.

Guide here:

How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
lalratty

Post by lalratty »

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problem - it can prevent the loss of vehicle functionality after an upgrade of the operating system after replacing the MicroSD card, which can leave the vehicle with no parking assistance and loss of controls / settings.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc