2017 Peugeot 2008 1.2 TPMS/External temp issues

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hekmeddun

Re: 2017 Peugeot 2008 1.2 TPMS/External temp issues

Post by Hekmeddun »

Hi I have a errors started with external temp sensor , auto brake failure, tire pressure check failure and last having serious shaking while accelerating from 0 km/h.
Electrician checked and fault many errors in diagnose. He physically checked abCI box under bonnet and found losen power connection. He tightened connection. Accelaration is fine now. Power was not flowing inside car due to loose screw in BCI. You can check it by your self.
BR,
Mehmet
Roblubi

Post by Roblubi »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 10:39 Most of these relate to electrical issues (regardless if one or more works ok), as they can work on the same CAN network, so while one thing works, another may not. It really needs somebody that can test CAN wiring using the appropriate testing equipment to track down the fault (s).

The Tyre under inflation detection fault means the ESP system is not detecting that you have reset the tyre pressures from the touchscreen (or however you are supposed to reset them on your vehicle). On mine it is via the touch screen - but the signal is not getting through - which again tells me there is a communications fault on the network. It needs investigation by an Auto electrical technician with the correct equipment.
SOLVED

My local independent citroen/peugeot service found bad connection in door socket (the one which is in chasis), not the greatest place to work, but they did sort this out.

Thank you for all your help!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Great, no problem, thanks for taking the time to update us.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Benny2

Post by Benny2 »

If I send you my VIN, can you tell me if it is indirect or ESP that is affected by the wrong Temperature Readings? It reads -42 degrees and the heating comes on full blast. The dealer says as it is an intermittent fault, there is nothing he can do.