List of equipment

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nhokas
Donor 2023

List of equipment

Post by Nhokas »

Hello
Is there any chance to have a list of my car equipment what my version has + what extras where added) via the VIN number?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: List of equipment

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can provide you with the factory fitted specification as a PDF, but we do ask for a membership upgrade for official data as we are in turn charged for this. But it will cover you for any future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then pop your VIN up.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or additional information requires you to have made a current contribution (£10 min.) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Nhokas
Donor 2023

Post by Nhokas »

How can i get my DS stikker?

VIN number VR1**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, thanks for your Forum donation.

Please send me a Private Message with your address and which type you would like (round licence plate type or Rectangle).

I'll prepare your VIN specification shortly and email it to you using your Forum email address, however please note that you have 2 recalls for this vehicle outstanding: Please note that although this states for the C5 PHEV, it also applies to your DS7 as it is being flagged up under your VIN.

C5 Aircross PHEV - Traction Battery, Lower Support (Ref: JHW, launched 16/04/2023) - Incomplete.

Add drain holes to lower traction battery support (If not already present). Dry area between support and lower traction battery casing with air pressure. Apply corrosion protection wax to create a barrier against corrosion.

C5 Aircross - BMS software (Ref: JQF, launched 06/04/2023) - incomplete

BMS (Battery Management System) will be reflashed with an enhanced battery monitoring software. In case defective High voltage battery will be detected, High voltage battery will be replaced.

I suggest you call the dealer as soon as possible to get it booked in as there is often a delay, but the work will be free of charge.

(Edit: Email now sent)

Marc
bragelone

Post by bragelone »

Hello,

Can you please help me with the same for VIN: VR1**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ?

Thanks,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@bragelone: We provide this for members who make a donation - please see below:

We can help if you need an original, genuine part number or part diagram, and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or additional information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here

Marc
sirev86

Post by sirev86 »

Hi,
I am in the process of buying a used DS7 (2020), not from the UK though. Apart of specifications, which I would be interested, is it possible to check if there were service inspections/repairs performed at the DS dealership, based on the VIN number VR1**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ?

I would buy membership if the info is available.

Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, that information is not stored except on the central dealership database.

A dealership won't hand this over as the work is in the form of copies of invoices, and as such has privacy and data protection concerns for the previous owner, as they are likely to contain personal information like name, address, contact details, etc.

That is why you have a maintenance record issued with the vehicle for you to see which services were done. They may be able to verbally confirm any other work undertaken, but that is not guaranteed.

I was only able to obtain a printout of all the work undertaken on my C5, because I owned the vehicle, and had all my servicing done at my local dealership prior to me selling it. It was then up to me to decide if I wanted to hand that over to the new buyer or not, or just show them all the work carried out.

Marc
sirev86

Post by sirev86 »

Ok, thanks for the answer.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The membership upgrade (apart from help in keeping the Forum running) is really for part numbers requests and part diagrams or for factory build sheets etc., that requires paid access, but is a considerably cheaper via the Forum than doing this individually.

Marc
sirev86

Post by sirev86 »

Understood..btw, are you able to tell me if there were any recalls for that VIN I have shared ? On Monday I will also call my local DS dealership, maybe I will find more info on this.
Thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is nothing showing as outstanding for after-sales campaigns and if there were anything, it would not show once the work has been completed.

Marc
sirev86

Post by sirev86 »

So I have some hopes then 😁
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well there is a difference between a recall and an after-sales campaign. Recalls are generally safety-related issues that are publicly advised to owners where usually a national database of owners can be used to contact owners to notify them.

After-Sales campaigns may be something like a software update, or a check on a component or a relatively minor modification or a check - customers can therefore only be notified if you have your vehicle dealer-maintained and serviced, otherwise they have no idea how to contact you.

Marc
sirev86

Post by sirev86 »

Noted .. one more question, can you list standard specifications + optionals using that VIN ?