Peugeot 5008 (2018) 1.5BlueHdi - cooling system flush

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RuiV
Donor 2023

Peugeot 5008 (2018) 1.5BlueHdi - cooling system flush

Post by RuiV »

Hi all.
Not having been able to find the answer to my question in the forum, I leave it here.
I need to change the coolant and, unlike other cars where I've had it done, in my Peugeot 5008 (2018) 1.5BlueHdi I can't find any drain valve.
Can anyone help me, please?
Thank you in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot 5008 (2018) 1.5BlueHdi - cooling system flush

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just follow the guide here for the C5 X7. The procedure is almost identical for most PSA engines, however, bleeding the cooling circuit of the DV5R engine must be carried out with the diagnostic tool. The diagnostic tool checks that the system has switched to degas mode and guides the operator step-by-step during the bleeding process.

To degas the engine cooling system:
  • Connect the diagnostic tool
  • Access the sub-menu : "Venting of the cooling system"
  • Start the engine
  • Accelerate to an engine speed above 2300 rpm for 10 seconds to switch to degas mode
  • Keep the engine speed at 2500 rpm for approximately 20 minutes
    N.B. : The procedure ends after 2 triggering cycles and after the fan assembly has stopped.
  • Disconnect the diagnostic tool.
Ignore the parts diagram at the top as that was for the DW10CTED4 engine specifically, and was just for reference - but you already have the diagrams I provided for your vehicle in the parts thread for reference.

C5 X7 DW10BTED4 Draining / Refilling Coolant
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Pug13

Re: Peugeot 5008 (2018) 1.5BlueHdi - cooling system flush

Post by Pug13 »

Hi
It's taking a while for my car to reach it's operating temperature and think it could be the thermostat. Not a simple job now!
Similar problem as above though, thought about doing a cooling system flush. Looked all around the internet and can't find anything for the 1.5 blue HDi.
The reply mentions using a diagnostic tool. Is there a particular one to use?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks