Peugeot 508 remote key issue.

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GreenBanana

Peugeot 508 remote key issue.

Post by GreenBanana »

Hi all,

I am an owner of Peugeot 508 (2011) 1.6THP with original RT6 head unit. I have the remote folding key (not electronic key for keyless entering / start and stop system).

Recently, I am experiencing a weird situation after installing an aftermarket android head unit. The lock and unlock function of the remote key is still functioning. But, not every time.
When I got the car (parked for 2-5min without any operation) I cannot do anything with the remote key. I should use the physical key to operate the central locking system, then all the functions of the remote key perfectly works. (I can lock, unlock, open/close windows with long press and open the boots.)

I guess that electric signal/connection to central locking system is completely cut off. Once I do something with the car (e.g. unlocking with key, or turning the key to ignition, etc.), the central locking system gets juice. Then everything works again as it should do.

Originally, I suspected some fuses. So, I reverted the aftermarket android head unit to the original RT6 head unit to test if everything is okay with original system. In this case, everything was normal. I also tried the reinitializing the central locking system as described in the user manual. But, it couldn't solve the problem.

Is there anyone experienced same issue or any advice to solve this issue?
Or reprogram the keys will be an solution?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 10 Feb 2023, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to General Telematics Forum
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Re: Peugeot 508 remote key issue.

Post by Dormouse »

Hi again. You might want to use the Google Search for "Android Head problems" and "key fob problems" It is probably worth copying this enquiry in the "Audio and Telematics" section. Look above the word Peugeot in your banner "Peugeot 508 remote key issue" click on "Board index" and scroll down to "Audio and Telematics". Marc GiveMeABreak will get back to you. He is knowledgeable but also very busy.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've moved this to the Telematics Forum

You have to appreciate that there is potential for aftermarket devices to interfere with the multiplexed electronics of the vehicle. The Head units are not just audio or telematics systems, they provide an interface to the vehicle's systems and if removed you have to expect issues. We can't help you with this problem as you have installed a non-OEM system and proved the point by reconnecting the original RT6 unit.

So you probably need to see if you have the correct CAN interface cable, for which you will need to contact the supplier of your Android unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GreenBanana

Post by GreenBanana »

Dormouse wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 09:50 Hi again. You might want to use the Google Search for "Android Head problems" and "key fob problems" It is probably worth copying this enquiry in the "Audio and Telematics" section. Look above the word Peugeot in your banner "Peugeot 508 remote key issue" click on "Board index" and scroll down to "Audio and Telematics". Marc GiveMeABreak will get back to you. He is knowledgeable but also very busy.
Thank you very much.
I tried googling only for specific car model.
Your comment gave me some ideas. :)
GreenBanana

Post by GreenBanana »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 11:23 I've moved this to the Telematics Forum

You have to appreciate that there is potential for aftermarket devices to interfere with the multiplexed electronics of the vehicle. The Head units are not just audio or telematics systems, they provide an interface to the vehicle's systems and if removed you have to expect issues. We can't help you with this problem as you have installed a non-OEM system and proved the point by reconnecting the original RT6 unit.

So you probably need to see if you have the correct CAN interface cable, for which you will need to contact the supplier of your Android unit.
Hi marc,

Thank you for your answer.
This weekend, I also did several more tests.
I figured out a can bus decoder is not compatible with my car 100%.
I should try with othet can bus decoder:)
GreenBanana

Post by GreenBanana »

Short update,

last weekend, I did some simple test.

1. connect everything
2. disconnect everything from car
3. connect main harness and can bus decoder from seller

We already knew that I have some issue with 1st case.
2nd case, everything worked properly as it should be. Thus, absence of RT6 head unit is not a big issue for (at least) using key fob.
3rd case, here I did not connect android head unit and connected only the main harness and can bus decoder. At this point, I already had the same issue.
I already tried three can bus decoders. All three gave me the same issue. Thus, now I am pretty sure that I have some issue with can bus.

+Other guy told me that it might be an issue with the terminal resistor, since the original system has 120 ohm terminal resistor. So, I roughly know where I should start.
Redzo

Post by Redzo »

Problem solved ? Have same problem ? Pl hellp hehe