Apple Car Play

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

PabloAmbrose1974

Apple Car Play

Post by PabloAmbrose1974 »

Hi

Just got a DS7 crossback and pretty impressed with it so far! Can anyone tell me tho if its able to use wireless Car Play or is it cable only? Cheers!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Apple Car Play

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not on all DS7 models or systems. If you have the DS IRIS SYSTEM - 12" touch screen Infotainment system, then it should support both wired and wireless connections, but only if you have this specific infotainment option fitted at present.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
PabloAmbrose1974

Hi , I have a touch screen and i only got the car last week. Only way i can get apple play to work is via the cable tho. Im sure it should be wireless,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you have a brand new DS7 Rivoli, then yes, you should have the DS Iris system and consequently the wireless Apple CarPlay feature as well as wired connection.

You need to read the owners manual - page 200 or thereabouts on the DS Iris system which shows all about connections etc.

Marc
PabloAmbrose1974

Hi

Yes i have the rivoli, ill check the user manual , thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries, if you need a PDF version of the full manual let me know and I'll provide a link.

Marc
PabloAmbrose1974

Ive found it thanks mate, Now to see if i can get it working! Lots to discover and work out, mainly being the best option to recharge the batteries whilst driving. 24m range isnt great but i only live 11 miles from my workplace so hoping to be able to go home and back to work on a full charge.......
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Good luck, it'll probably take you a year to read the manual! Lots of tech, and lots to potentially go wrong - but if you've bought the car, after the 3 years are up and if you decide to keep it, I'd definitely recommend you take out extended warranty on it each year.

Marc