New C6 owner

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Orbit Motors
Donor 2024

New C6 owner

Post by Orbit Motors »

Hi everyone

I have just joined, and it's time for me to publically admit I am rather fond of French cars! As well as Italian and Swedish but that's another matter...

Took a huge gamble today and purchased my third Citroën, which is a C6. From an auction, and I had seen it for about 20 seconds. What could possibly go wrong?! Well, plenty it turns out!

The other half has a C4 GP which I purchased for a very low price from someone at work who was fed up of his EGS gearbox and parking brake issues. Both very simple and cheap fixes and now we and the dog love that car.

I also formerly had a C4 Coupé which unfortunately I had to bin off after it turned out to be an absolute lemon. And I've also owned a Peugeot 308 SW which was quite nice but a very basic spec. I work on heavier vehicles for my main job, however I buy, sell and repair cars on the side as well.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!
Cheers,
Miles

Satisfaction guaranteed or your dent back!
If it just about starts and drives, I'll probably buy it.

1995 Peugeot 306 XLd
2007 Citroën C6 Lignage

2003 Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 TiD
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Re: New C6 owner

Post by Armidillo »

Congratulations on becoming a C6 owner! Hopefully you'll be able to bring it back to perfection and get to enjoy driving a unique car.

Not many C6s in Australia, but everyone out here that owns one (or has driven one) absolutely loves them and raves about the unique motoring experience they provide.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome! Very commendable bravery that'll keep you occupied for a few days but the end result will be totally well worth it :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you read Dave Hallworth's blog viewtopic.php?t=29757 your will find his adventures with transmission oil cooler failures (about 18 months ago I think).