2016 C4GP NAC Firmware

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

twazok

2016 C4GP NAC Firmware

Post by twazok »

I have a 66 place C4GP Flair

I recently setup the MyCitroen app and it tells me there is a touch screen firmware for my vehicle to 21.08.87.32_NAC-r1
Great i thought. i have used the Citroen update tool to download this upload and prepare a USB stick

upon loading the stick in the car it then says that "version not compatible with hardware"

if Citroen themselves are telling me this is the version for my car how can the car say it is the wrong version? if wrong, what is the right version?

Can anyone assist?
for reference my current firmware i believe is factory on 5.15.29.42-r0
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2016 C4GP NAC Firmware

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That issue is often related to a licence problem.

The NAC system generally uses the on board WiFi (generally indicated if you have the emergency call SOS and Citroen buttons fitted) in order to contact the PSA servers and check the vehicle's licence against the VIN to allow the update to take place. If it cannot contact the servers over the air because of a GSM problem then it won't accept the update in many cases. This can often entail having to obtain the licence file separately and then some jiggery pokery to get the licence file into the software update.

That is a very early firmware and has probably not been upgraded from factory. Of course, it is always possible that the connected services data may of been turned off, which may be the reason why you have no connection.

When you start the vehicle, keep an eye on the led on the SOS emergency button. It should on your vehicle stay green for 3 seconds then go off.
If the LED flashes orange, then goes off, there is a problem or the backup battery may need replacing.

So I'd look at this first and let me know what happens.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
twazok

Post by twazok »

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.

I do not have an SOS facility on my vehicle

i did google when first got issue and other mentioned about being connected to wifi which i have tried both to my home and to a mobile hotspot - neither of which make a difference. i also note that the citroen update tool when it preps the USB key it copies a licence file to it.

i have the MyCitroen app and that has received data from my vehicle so proves the internet connection is and has worked.
i have noticed when i have an active wifi in the car and click the little globe for connected services it doesn't actually do anything
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok in that case the system can use the WiFi from a connected Smart Phone for certain live services (if subscribed).

Back to the issue, might I suggest you try again, but before doing so, make sure you unpair and disconnect any previous phone, then re-pair again and make sure you select and allow internet sharing in the bluetooth profile that should be displayed along with the Audio streaming profiles.

I'm trying to rule out whether the system is trying to confirm it's status via a connection first of all before allowing the update.

If it can get through via a connection to your smartphone's internet connection, then it may be enough to permit the update. If not then I think it will need to be a dealer visit to check whether the vehicle is registered with PSA's connected services database to receive updates.

This is especially so, being that it is currently 14 firmware updates behind..... so looks like it has never been updated for one reason or another.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc