DIY Car Maintenance with function over finesse!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Re: DIY Car Maintenance with function over finesse!!

Post by Gibbo2286 »

But is Wales ready for the car? :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

I should think so Gibbo, but not so sure about the crew!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 06 Apr 2024, 13:03
Incidentally as a final final summary of the lower arm replacement, I replaced my temporary pinch bolt with the real thing this morning so I can now declare the MOT advisories totally dealt with as well as the full service so the car is ready for Wales!! :-D
Excellent :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I popped out to the garage this morning to get SWMBO's car out for routine inspections and I noticed this:
The new top hose for the MX3
The new top hose for the MX3
Aah thought I, that needs putting where it belongs. You may remember I replaced a hose clip on the MX3 a couple of weeks ago but the last time I used the car there was still some steam seeping out from the radiator end of the top hose, so I ordered the new one to replace this one:
The existing hose in place
The existing hose in place
Five minutes of blissfully simple screwdriving later and the job was done:
The new hose in place
The new hose in place
Of course once I had the original on the bench I felt a forensic investigation was required but it didn't take long to spot this:
The pinprick hole circled
The pinprick hole circled
So that pinprick hole had been the cause of the steam and now I'm pleased to say having run it up to temperature there is no steam evident. However when I switched off I'm sure I heard a slight hissing for a couple of seconds but by the time I got my ear to the place I thought it came from it had stopped. Hmm... watch his space...... :-D
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Got up this morning and thought 'Sun' and empty garage, SWMBO out on Mondays, time to make a better job of the emergency bumper repair that I did last year! So I removed the parking sensor and ran into the first issue. The connector plug fell apart in my hands so a bit of reworking required:
MTMO
MTMO
The obvious thing to do is to cut the plug off clean and splice in a section, so I found and prepped a decent link:
MTMO
MTMO
This end is ready to go back on the car when I've finished the painting but I could finish the end to the sensor:
MTMO
MTMO
Having got that ready I did the body prep and initial filling and now I am waiting for the stopper primer to dry ready for the top coat, hence I came indoors to post this:
MTMO
MTMO
Once painted it won't be concourse finish but lets be fair it is a 20 year old daily driver!! :-D