RT6 to NAC (Connected NAV) Upgrade

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

vaho
Donor 2023

Re: RT6 to NAC (Connected NAV) Upgrade

Post by vaho »

Hi. I am sorry if already answered but I assume it is possible to also install NAC to the DS5 (MY 2013) equipped with RD45 (the basic radio and CD player with BT). I mean if I buy the main unit, screen, adapters, GPS antenna etc. Is this correct?
robdevil

Post by robdevil »

Yes it's correct. New Aircon control panel would be good as well as CD player if you need one.
vaho
Donor 2023

Post by vaho »

Hi again. I changed my RD5 to NAC, it went ok, the seller programmed DS5 profile and VIN into the unit. The only thing is that although the parking assist is working and the visual warning lines and a triangle are appearing on the screen, there is no car icon. The car has no reverse camera. Maybe somebody has some insights what can I do if any, I have Diagbox but no Arduino.
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

NAC “expects” to have the camera as factory fitted ones always come with one.
Don’t know if it can be programmed to work without the camera? Maybe with Arduino (ask the seller)…
With Diagbox you can’t change any setting within NAC as it requires authorised, on-line access. To get that, you need to go in authorised PSA garage and pay for diagnostic labour (should they want to mess around with DIY fitted parts), or buy yourself a token on ServiceBox (valid 7 days per one VIN) and try to alter those settings…
vaho
Donor 2023

Post by vaho »

Ok, thank you, understood, maybe I then install the camera instead. I do not think the seller can provide any help since he is in France and I am in Estonia.