5008 Alternator

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steve Walsh
Donor 2024

5008 Alternator

Post by Steve Walsh »

Hi all you clever folk,

Working on a mates 5008. VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
Alternator not charging, my mate bought a replacement from a breakers, Looked identical apart from it had a solid pulley, so I swapped overun pulley from original alternator.
It now charges but on Diagbox I get 2 codes
U1400
U1401
Alternator LIN NET,

I have checked all the wiring and all seems ok.
Would this be a Alternator fault or wiring fault, I am wondering if it is not compatable.

Any thoughts welcome

Steve
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 5008 Alternator

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Definitely looks like an alternator issue or the wiring - they have to be right ones for the vehicle. The LIN is the Local Interconnect Network that connects up low priority ECUs on a serial network. So it's not communicating with the engine ECU.
Fault Code: U1400
Description of Fault: Alternator LIN network: Registering of a fault on the LIN network. Faults in communication between ECUs on the LIN.
Conditions for Fault to clear: Driving for 5 minutes
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
Symptoms: Jerking/stalling, Starting problem, Lack of power
Suspect Areas:
  • Engine ECU
  • LIN network
  • Alternator

Fault U1401: Ditto as above, but for: Alternator LIN network : Registering of a fault on the slave node of the alternator LIN network.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Steve Walsh
Donor 2024

Re: 5008 Alternator

Post by Steve Walsh »

Thanx very much Marc, I will do some further investigation later

Steve
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>