And onto the next job! Window regulator Xantia X1 to X2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Re: And onto the next job! Window regulator Xantia X1 to X2

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 14:53 Roger those pics are from my spares stash, they are exactly as i got them so no idea if you can make a good one out of the lot

Colin
Have you still got that stash Colin?
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Roger

I am 90% sure i have them still, however it will be weekend before i can gain access to the spares stash.
I will have a look Saturday morning for you

Colin
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

Oh fantastic. I’ll hold off trying to source elsewhere then for now.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Had a look and cannot find them Roger, convinced i have not thrown them out will have to delve deeper into the stash, may have moved them to another storage spot.

Colin
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 17:51 Had a look and cannot find them Roger, convinced i have not thrown them out will have to delve deeper into the stash, may have moved them to another storage spot.

Colin
I reckon you may have already sent them to me as previously explained but I cannot be sure. I have a neighbour up the road who used to service Citroen and Peugeot, he gives me a lot of spares so these may well have been from him.

I have a nearside and the frame for an offside. I do recall stripping one down. Why? I cannot recall.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Roger now you mention it i do seem to remember putting them in an old Amazon delivery box but cannot find any PM or thread where we discussed it.
If i cannot find them then i can only assume i sent them to you or someone else :(

Colin
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:11 Roger now you mention it i do seem to remember putting them in an old Amazon delivery box but cannot find any PM or thread where we discussed it.
If i cannot find them then i can only assume i sent them to you or someone else :(

Colin
I found a thread but it didn’t really properly confirm whether you’d sent regulators. I know you’d kindly sent speakers and a left hand screw for a fan with a birthday card. Not sure if they were a box filler for something bigger.

When my back is better I should be able to have more of a dig through some stuff.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

I will have another look probably be the weekend as i have to remove quite a lot of "stuff" just to get into the shed :)
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:38 I will have another look probably be the weekend as i have to remove quite a lot of "stuff" just to get into the shed :)
Sounds like me! I’ve resigned myseld to the fact that it is not going to be fixed soon. I’ve too much else to focus on and none of it is Citroen ☹️
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

I did send you speakers and the fan screw my good lady picked the card so I must have the window mechanism somewhere will empty the shed over the weekend 🫣🤬😂
Colin
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 22:07 I did send you speakers and the fan screw my good lady picked the card so I must have the window mechanism somewhere will empty the shed over the weekend 🫣🤬😂
Colin
So can you recall NOT sending them in the same box?

Don’t stress Colin. Whenever! And if not this Saturday then there’s always another time.

I’ll try and have a dig before then.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Roger i knew i had sent you something and it was around the time i took pictures of the window mechanisms but no i do not remember sending them to you.
And dont worry i have to go into the deepest recesses of the shed as the good lady wants to get the swing lounger up and checked over, i really really hope that all of that is in the shed, if not it is in the loft and i really really really do not want to go there :)

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Roger my apologies for the really late reply.
I have today checked through where i had my stash of stuff and i have nothing apart from 7 bottles of LHM which are unopened.
Have a sinking feeling that a certain person whilst doing a clear out may have said that lot can go :(
SWMBO is the answer to the question everyone is asking themselves :(

Colin
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Post by Rhothgar »

admiral51 wrote: 19 May 2023, 19:44 Roger my apologies for the really late reply.
I have today checked through where i had my stash of stuff and i have nothing apart from 7 bottles of LHM which are unopened.
Have a sinking feeling that a certain person whilst doing a clear out may have said that lot can go :(
SWMBO is the answer to the question everyone is asking themselves :(

Colin
Well thanks anyway for looking and getting back to me Colin.

Still not repaired so I'll have one made up. Even looked at getting the swage tool but at £60 it's a big ticket item if you only do a few. Of course, I could choose to do all our Citroens as a preventative measure but what a pain that would be taking out all those regulators!!!
greeninfrance
New User

Post by greeninfrance »

I'm having lots of issues with replacement parts
When the window is raised the plastic pin is supposed to stop, there is a rubber stopper at the top, but it never engages with it, so the motor continues and the wire strips out the plastic. Every time
I buy a new one and fit it, the same thing happens. What is going wrong? Going down is fine as the plastic piece is stopped. I'm thinking of asking a mate to weld a piece at the top as an extra stopper.

This is a big problem for me as I live in France but have a RHD Xantia. Finding parts here to fit the car is a nightmare!

As the car is RHD the regulator is specific to the model. There are plenty of LHD models but the pieces are not the same.

Getting very stressed now trying to sort this out.