Open-Top motoring....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Open-Top motoring....

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Don't often crop up, not many left, always captures my personal interest, although I do prefer the coupé. WB and sons 21st October auction.

https://auctions.wbandsons.com/auction/ ... 2&pn=2&g=1

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

GreyPaul which is part of our Group is about to take one of these in used.
MASERATI MC20 Cielo
MASERATI MC20 Cielo
£265K, 332 miles on clock
621 bhp V6 petrol.
Also do an 8 valve diesel version....(only joking, as if)

0 - 62mph just under 3 seconds. Will do over 199mph, not much good in Wales were 20mph is the limit, but at least everyone will see you driving it, AND you can look at yourself in it, through shop window reflections, quite easy at that slow speed.
Even has pedestrian and cyclist recognition, what @ 199mph, should be interesting. 12 seconds roof is off up to 25mph.
@ £265k I think I would want all that as well as the sun to follow me everywhere.
Never the less a good lottery win, I may be tempted, if I could fit in it, could try to get it on staff discount :rofl2:

BUT if I did have a lottery win I may be more swayed by this.....
Jaguar F Type Special Edition
Jaguar F Type Special Edition
In at only £41,500 and 14k on the clock, would give me enough money to insure and fuel it and get a coffee, and it is shiny red...... MMmm can just hear the big band sound and a Sinatra classic from it's wireless just starting to play.
Now that would look great in that colour @ 20mph, shades ON, √, Panama ON, √, revs up √, and ,,,,,,,,,,, oh 20mph, wind almost blowing in your face, all the passing cyclist would love it.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

For the true open air lover this is the time to buy to get the best value. Find a nice car needing a little work, tuck it away as an over winter project and come the spring you will have a chariot to be admired in!! :-D

So what is available at the moment you ask?, Well it seems that today's offerings are more suited to the lottery winner or the man who has survived a divorce or maybe not got caught in the first place! :-D

From the attainable:
BFTW
BFTW
Details here

to the ostentatious:
BFTW
BFTW
Details here

to the downright classy:
BFTW
BFTW
Details here

and finally to the desirable:
BFTW
BFTW
Details here

You pays your money.................. :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 11:08
You pays your money.................. :-D
I spent all mine on my house... I do like that little red Triumph though 8-)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

I like the DS, Citroen make some super looking cars.
when I was Oooa long long time back 16 years old I worked at a BL/Rover dealership and it was on two levels used cars up a bank past the petrol pump, new cars on the lower section, we had da Citroen similar in shape the above convertible but a hard top, flat battery, so we all went up to recover it to the workshop (bottom of the slope) the 2nd year apprentice got in instead of me (phew) and we pushed it it start it but if failed to start, so the mechanic as they were called in those days said "rolling it down to the workshop we will push it in" so apprentice let off hand brake and rolled backwards down the small hill towards the workshop and could not steer it as it was so heavy, took out he petrol pumps, missed the customer cars parked by mm's went through the show room window and ended up imbedded in a ROVE SD1 Vitesse brand new, we all just stood there wide eyed.
Seems the had a kind of hydrolastic suspension which also operated the hydraulic braking system, because it had no running engine, the hydrolastic system didn't work or the power steering system so NO steering as such, and more importantly NO BRAKES... Oh dear.
Wrote off pumps, wrote off massive palate glass show room window, wrote off Citroen and wrote off SD1, our MD did a rather strange country dance, and went a lovely shade of purple fair do's to this day I have never seen that shade on anyone.
NewcastleFalcon

There used to be a column in Car Mechanics Barry Cades Garage Casebook...best bit of the magazine. Maybe you should start a thread Chris Robin's Garage Casebook on here, I'm sure it would be an entertaining read!
Edit On looking for a picture of Barry I find I have already made that exact suggestion a year ago Nov 4th 2022....apologies for the repetition but always worth dragging up a pic of Baz!:-D
----------

On the open toppage front, this is yellow, and has a name "Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce", its going to find a buyer, more suited to the Riviera though than a wet day in Whitley Bay :-D

Details
https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... -veloce-s2
For the still picture preferer
Moving pictures here

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

Yellow Spider......
NOW there's a beauty eh.
The Italians make a sweet looking car, pity about the rest of it, high maintenance shall we say.
Worse than the diamond of doom.
NewcastleFalcon

Came across this...via a post on the GS section of the forum...

Lets see if you know what it is...

Very nice
https://www.aguttes.com//lot/121185/
https://www.aguttes.com//lot/121185/
Answer
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

A Panhard maybe? :)
NewcastleFalcon

It is Mick, name rank and serial number in the
Answer here

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

One assumes from the engine data in that link that the car preferred running on Esso? :-D
NewcastleFalcon

This 2-tone Chevvy Bel Air did...

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

A yellow Stag

On sale this weekend coming at Mathewsons estimate £6,000 to £8,000
Supplies fodder for a couple of FCF threads...
Temp2.png
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

The random thoughts of a window shopper
Oh no...this looks pretty as a picture...and it looks like it has been "done", turn key pleasure motoring without the oily hands calling...its in a gorgeous colour...and the image of my old avatar with the yellow open top car on the cote d'azur is flooding back, and I've always loved the little Spitfire shape and if I see one I always take a picture, and chat with the owners if they are about...and its for sale just down the road, and its winter, completely the wrong time for a convertible, and if I selfishly go for it, I've nowhere to garage it, but buy in the winter sell in the summer may even get more for it than the auction price, and anyway it will be zero depreciation buy, use, sell with negligible depreciation...its a shot to nothing, yes its an investment, an asset, cash it in any time I like and I've lost nothing and gained a few thousand miles of proper smile on your face pleasure motoring...

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Go for it, she can only kill you once!! :-D