Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by myglaren »

Do you have BT email and is it working.
Mine won't load.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

That first one was using my 2g wifi, just tried the 5g wifi and got this:
Screenshot
Screenshot
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

No I don't have any BT, we are on Virgin for all services :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

They were here and changed the router, added a wifi repeater and an EE thingy that supposedly cuts in if the broadband fails, which it does several times a day.
They also checked the house wiring and installed a new master socket.
No improvement it seems. Appeared to be better at first but is now hopeless.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Sounds like an iffy feed to me Steve, do you have an underground feed or a telegraph pole aerial variety?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Underground.
We lost all connection about eight years ago now, for a fortnight. Never been right since.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The One million milestone passed by with zero comment from the FCF faithful yesterday. Yes not in the Taylor Swift league of views of content, but a very decent effort on a niche car forum.
temp2.png
Thanks to the one million and ten thousand viewers, and to all who have contributed to the twelve thousand two-hundred and fifteen posts of content on the thread as of a few moments ago.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

myglaren wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 19:01 Underground.
We lost all connection about eight years ago now, for a fortnight. Never been right since.
I'm guessing you may have had a footway box flood issue during all the rain which has left potential dampness in a joint or crimped joins in a cabinet or similar. Or, as you lost it entirely for a fortnight, it suggests they may have had to replace a component of your distribution network which in turn would have meant connections being made which may have been susceptible to damp ever since. Might be worth seeing if your close neighbours have being experiencing the same difficulties and if so report it as a joint (collective) issue. No pun intended!! :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

The whole street at least has the same problem, they have changed suppliers repeatedly but still have the same problem as BT owns the bits of wire.
The exception seems to be my next door neighbours, who's daughter works in the local BT shop and halved my bill and improved the service, although as described it does fall on it's head frequently.
It does sometimes seem weather-related but yesterday wasn't, it had been fine all day for a change.
Back to 'normal. today, about a third of what I am paying for.

I threw in the towel last night and dragged some DVDs out that I bought a few weeks ago.
None would play in the laptop. Two worked* in the DVD player but it was too cold in that room so that was squashed too. I have another laptop but was too idle to go and bring it into the warm.

* They were from Music Magpie who are always excellent but the one that wouldn't work was brand new, still sealed in original packaging. (Girl On A Train).
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Armidillo »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 09:28 The One million milestone passed by with zero comment from the FCF faithful yesterday. Yes not in the Taylor Swift league of views of content, but a very decent effort on a niche car forum.

Thanks to the one million and ten thousand viewers, and to all who have contributed to the twelve thousand two-hundred and fifteen posts of content on the thread as of a few moments ago.

Neil
Aww shucks Neil - it was nothing really :-D :oops: :rolleyes:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

House - deer2.png
Some of our neighbour's.
Deer - house.png
[attachment=1]
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The random award from all original photos posted by members in the month selected Bobin's spark plug.
The Main Award went to Vic Evans, a short-head decision over one from Mick's quest to photograph the River Beane...I like a random quest and very much support the getting off the armchair and returning with shutter clicks, Matt's under bed detritus including the Toy Aston Martin and James' spring day Sunday efforts in Oxfordshire with wildlife and penny farthings. Excellent contest but...Vic's loaf got the nod as my personal choice :-D

Thanks to the April 2024 contributors (in order of appearance :-D )...Jim, Mick, Steve, Alasdair, James, Bobins, Ryan, Husky, Vic, Matt, Gibbo, and PeterN

More debutants and regulars as ever welcomed, May 2024 is as good a time to start as any. :-D

POTD Awards For April 2024
Falcon Random Award
Falcon Award

Previous months
MonthFalcon AwardFalcon Random Award
MarchImageImage
FebImageImage
JanImageImage
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Here's another suggestion Neil, guess the spark plug type in your winning photo. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Armidillo »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 01 May 2024, 10:29 Here's another suggestion Neil, guess the spark plug type in your winning photo. :-D
That's an easy one - it's a Lawn Mower plug - has to be!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Armidillo wrote: 01 May 2024, 14:24
Gibbo2286 wrote: 01 May 2024, 10:29 Here's another suggestion Neil, guess the spark plug type in your winning photo. :-D
That's an easy one - it's a Lawn Mower plug - has to be!
Well not necessarily, it was used in many engines, but the question was really 'what make and type? :wink:
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.