C5 X7 ambient lighting (and some other bits and pieces)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vborovic
Locked user account

Re: C5 X7 ambient lighting (and some other bits and pieces)

Post by vborovic »

Until I find a better picture, the module which I'm currently unsure what it is, is the one in the upper right corner (I concluded that it is the parking sensor, since I have both front and rear ones, and that kind of ECU box has 3 connectors) ... I know I have taken photos of the spare wheel and its surroundings, but it will take time to find them ...
e_IMG_201565d2_zps7rlpmy5c.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Nov 2021, 09:52, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restored Images
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Yes, here we go, the top right module in question ... I say that's the parking sensors' ECU ... as for the spare wheel compartment, once the wheel is out, it is empty (at least in my car) ...
e_IMAG027818c5_zpskobzielz.jpg
e_IMAG02717621_zps9tak2rqs.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Nov 2021, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restored Images
jgra1
(Donor 2021)

Post by jgra1 »

Mine empty too.Just looked
Xantippa

Post by Xantippa »

I´ve got that box in my sparewheel well too. Exclusive Sedan -08.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

So far we don't know anything usable regarding this mystery ... :D ... 4 cars, no average between them ...
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Stickyfinger wrote:This ?

This is definitely the Parking Sensor Module. Had this out several times for drying out! (On the saloon). I'll have a quick look on the docs for the other.
Edit: This link shows the same code as your part (0263004203) under the Bosch Logo and is defo the Parking Sensor Module, so I guess in a different place on the tourer:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C5-Co ... 1730667079
The aerial on the saloon is located in the spare wheel well and on the saloon is shows the ECU Receiver module as being on the rear left hand side of the boot area. I'll try and look at Tourer as if the above is anything to go by could be in another location entirely!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just checked specs again and TPMS ECU Receiver is also supposed to be in the rear left boot section. So you should have at least 2 modules there including the parking sensor ECU on the Tourer.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

vborovic wrote:I'm not sure that's it ... maybe the parking sensor's computer (Bosch sensors, Bosch ECU ... makes sense)?

Then what do I have on the left side then under the trim box? Will need to go over the schematics once again ... the PSA documentation only shows the location of the TPMS module (not the antenna, that's under the car) for the saloon, not the tourer ...
Can't read any of the digits or codes from this picture. Can you take a closer pic?

Marc
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The 2nd pic is not mine (found it online), but should match mine (1st pic - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 00#p471870) ... regarding the TPMS antenna, is it in the spare wheel well, or is it under it (because on the documentation that I have access to, the car is shown from below, not from the inside of the boot)? As far as I could check, the Tourer is somehow left out for the TPMS locations, only the saloon model is used, but going by logic, the TPMS ECU should be placed in the left boot panel opening as well (won't know for sure until I receive the TPMS ECU, next week hopefully).

Btw, thanks for all the efforts guys ... you could've been enjoying yourselves inside with a cup of tea, but no ... :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

OK - Finally found a new Module on fleabay for a C5 II - not sure if they mean an X7 or a facelift MKi - but you may be able to look at the codes / type for comparison:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172049169313? ... rmvSB=true

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

vborovic wrote:The 2nd pic is not mine (found it online), but should match mine (1st pic - http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 00#p471870) ... regarding the TPMS antenna, is it in the spare wheel well, or is it under it (because on the documentation that I have access to, the car is shown from below, not from the inside of the boot)? As far as I could check, the Tourer is somehow left out for the TPMS locations, only the saloon model is used, but going by logic, the TPMS ECU should be placed in the left boot panel opening as well (won't know for sure until I receive the TPMS ECU, next week hopefully).

Btw, thanks for all the efforts guys ... you could've been enjoying yourselves inside with a cup of tea, but no ... :)
You've got the same problem as me on the docs - saloon only! Personally, I think the aerial would have to be on the outside for a clear signal as I can't find any wires in my spare wheel well. So I guess there must be another connector for the reciever ECU somewhere in the recess where your Parking sensor module is. :)

Marc
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I have that exact module ordered (different UK seller, and much cheaper also ... used one of course, but should be a working one) ... that's my understanding of the antenna as well, although I would try (if I get to that) with installing it on the inside of spare wheel compartment, or near the TPMS ECU, just for the purpose of testing ... if the transmitters would be picked up from all 4 wheels, no need to complicate things by going under the car ... :D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Good Idea - did you manage to find the spare connectors for the new ECU yet?

Marc
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Not yet, this is also an interesting issue ... the service docs aren't consistent, because on some diagrams the connector is declared as 18-pin, while on some other places it is a 12-pin ... I'll have to wait and see when it comes how many pis it actually has, and what's the shape of the connector ...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

The other side

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting