Eolys?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

milanche92

Re: Eolys?

Post by milanche92 »

It is a function in Diagbox
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

milanche92 wrote: 30 Jun 2023, 08:33 Sorry but I have just one more question, eolys 176 can be mixed with powerflex, infineum and extend if my research is correct? So maybe the safest way is to use 176 or walker green?
No, do not use Eolys 176. That is an older generation additive.

Stick to Extend or Powerflex.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

FrenchyG wrote: 30 Jun 2023, 09:15 How do you prime the pump out of interest? Is it a function in Diagbox? or just apply 12v to the connector?
You use the function in Diagbox, generally under the repair menu and look for particle filter actions. It should be a procedure listed there, but will vary depedning on the version of Diagbox you are using.

Marc
Jallu

Post by Jallu »

Sorry for asking, but this "right choise of" Eolys is making me crazy.
My car is a Cirtoen C5 (X7) 2.0 BlueHdi 2016.
VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
RPO 14254
The connector is green.
The dealer gave me 3l Walker 80620 (Powerflex) and told me thats the right Eolys to use.
But I am not sure.. Is it not INFINEUM F7995 or EOLYS EXTEND (Walker 80618) I should use???
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's not correct. For the C5 X7 with your build date you need Eolys EXTEND. There is a specific note that Powerflex is not to be used for the C5 X7.
X7 Extend.PNG

Marc
Jallu

Post by Jallu »

Oh, thanks for the quick reply.
I have jacked up the car and was almost starting to fill the tank today, but something told me this was the wrong fluid..
I got this Eolys from a well known Citroen workshop here, so I had no doubt he war right yesterday.. but the green connector made me rethink.
Well, seems that the EXTEND have a better price too =). Any differences on different brands? I see Walker is used frequently up here.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Walker are a good brand and they have their equivalents too so as long as it's compatible with Extend you should be fine.

Marc
Groom1983

Post by Groom1983 »

Good evening all, I am currently having issue and welcome any help or advice please. I have a 2015 308 T9 1.6bluehdi 2015....I had the service light and engine fault messages come on, diagnostics were carried out and it highlighted the Multiplexed Additive pump fault. After further inspection it was found the the eolys fluid was empty. This was topped up and re programmed however the codes were still showing Multiplexed pump fault. Yesterday I had a new Additive tank/pump fitted along with more eolys fluid, my mechanic is now struggling to get the codes cleared after telling the car brain that pump has been changed and fluid topped etc, it clears for a few seconds and then the codes re appear and service light back on with engine fault get repaired. He is thinking the problem could be more permanent somwhere else further in and wants me to get a Auto Electrican to look at the Bsi module etc and take it further that way as he feels he has exhausted all he can do with the laptop programmes and diagnostics etc. I am worried of the costs this is going to add, Has anyone any expierence with eolys, pumps and resetting and had this problem of the codes re-appearing....is it a main dealer only thing that need to reset it. I am already so deep in with costs on this car, we really do have a love hate relationship. Any help or guidance welcomed. Thank you in advance. Kind regards. Chris
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Chris

If you've replaced the whole tank and pump assembly, then that will rule out dry-running damage. Next issue there can be problems with the actual wiring from the pump as they go back into the loom. A few people have traced the wiring back and found a short / broken / damaged wire that that was the cause of the issue, so always check the basics first.

If the engine ECU isn't communicating with the additive pump, this can be a reason and also may account for the fact that you may not have had a warning about the fluid being low (even though it is not physically measured, it is estimated). The system just knows there is a fault, but if it loses communication then it can't specific. With a proper diagnostic you should have some fault codes, but I suspect it is the wiring in that region.

There also may be an issue with the actual connection from the additive pump to the loom. This member recently had a similar issue and detected the signal onthe circuit board was poor - turned out the pins were not making good contact:

Read his post here:

viewtopic.php?p=760811#p760811

Marc
Groom1983

Post by Groom1983 »

Thanks for the detailed reply, I will get the wiring checked and take it from there, I will update in due course.
Kind regards
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Make sure you check the actual plug connection pins, as it can be these making bad contact.

Marc
RomanKol

Post by RomanKol »

Hi! Maybe somebody can give me information about type of EOLYS i need?
Citroen C4 Cactus bluehdi100 2017 VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Serviceman say about Cerine3 that similar to InfineumF7995. I think about Poweflex...Thank in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

He's wrong, it's powerflex for your build date (14675) Cerine 4.

Marc
RomanKol

Post by RomanKol »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 13:18 He's wrong, it's powerflex for your build date (14675) Cerine 4.
Thank you so much
Klommis

Post by Klommis »

Could anyone help me because i'm confused about which eolys to put in my car?
Eolystank fitting click is Green...
Win is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Last edited by Klommis on 31 Aug 2023, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.