Lidl and Aldi Car accessories

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Lidl and Aldi Car accessories

Post by Paul-R »

I think that saying the £1.44 bulb kit had a poor description was being generous. It's appalling! You have no idea what you might be buying. It might just as well have some daffodil bulbs in there for all you know.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Paul-R wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 10:59 IIt might just as well have some daffodil bulbs in there for all you know.
They might give better lighting in XM/Xantia headlamps than H1 bulbs :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

Review time gents.
Any good?
Attachments
Screenshot_20240415_124416_Chrome.jpg
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Something to do with barge poles comes to mind!! It doesn't say what drive it is and if it's hex then useless, if its 3/8" square it will have some uses but won't deal with the really obstinate rusty buggers that live under most cars. I recently spent a lot of money buying a DeWalt 1/2" drive unit which has done all I've asked of it with ease: You pays your money........ :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

More info...1/2 inch square drive, batteries and charger included. I have its equivalent with a cord strangely I prefer them like that. Haven't used it much in anger got it as an extra tool in the armoury at MOT time, but managed all the jobs needed to be done by conventional means. Plenty you tube reviews of it Stu if you look around.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/parkside-20v-c ... /p10012652

I have used and abused a Parkside Hammer/Chisel action SDS Drill for 3 or 4 years now on all sorts of tasks from breaking up concrete to drilling a couple of feet through stone. Robust enough for anything I have thrown at it and excellent value for money.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
moizeau
Donor 2024

Post by moizeau »

A mate here bought a load of Parkside cordless stuff....'cause they were cheap. He ended up giving them all to me......to throw away, very light and the batteries are s**t and last 5 mins. I bought a Makita years ago, on it's 2nd battery.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

I have bought Lidl/Aldi tools that were for "light duty" ...such as a small cordless drill/angle grinder etc...... BUT....... One day I "had to" borrow a friends DeWalt Impact Wrench to remove a crank pulley (he is a truck mechanic) ...... LORD, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT !

I bought these two........with a 5AH battery
dsffghsdf.jpg
DCF900N
shopping.jpg
DCF921N

Lots of info here.....
https://www.youtube.com/@TorqueTestChannel
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Another vote for DeWalt here... I have a 3/8 DeWalt rattle gun and it's magical... The rest of my power tool collection is slowly turning yellow as the need arises...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
moizeau
Donor 2024

Post by moizeau »

Last time I used a cordless rattle gun I borrowed a Wurth. It undid the vario nuts on a Kymco buggy to change the drive belt on 2/4 and 3/4 torque settings with ease. It also undid the front sprocket nut on my Z650 which was a pain because the engine wasn't in the frame so I couldn't lock the engine using the 5th gear/back brake/ front wheel against a wall method. I think my Makita battery weighs more than the Parkside cordless drills with their battery. The corded stuff is probably OK for light use but would steer clear of the cordless stuff. The Makita replacement battery costs about the same as the Parkside cordless drill. I think that say's it all.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

[Cheers Guys, money now having to go to Citroën now, main suspension feed pipe!.
Reason I asked was I have a Parkside buffer/polisher okay for 1 panel [-o< every 2 hours, do a panel and recharge! [-X
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

I've (ab)used a lot of dewalt cordless tools offshore, we still have some of the previous generation nickel metal hydride, pre-lithium tools putting in hard days work on oil rigs. I was so impressed with the 1/2" gin, that I bought one for myself, it out performs my snapon 3/4" air gun. I have a lot of lidl hand tools in my workshop, like I recently bought the jumbo screwdriver set for my desk, but their powertools, yeesh...