3008 Battery module

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tim06
Donor 2024

3008 Battery module

Post by Tim06 »

Hi Brains, I have a challenge for you all!! Here in France a friend has a problem with his 2010 Peugeot 3008 2.0hdi. Battery light is staying on, despite testing with meter shows that the alternator is producing charge. We suspect that the battery control module could be at fault as the car had a main under bonnet fusebox melt. (Fusebox now replaced!). The control model which attaches to the top/front of the battery is known here in France as a "BPGA", (Boitier Protection de Gestion des Alimentations!). I'm looking for a correct 2nd hand one to try a substitution, (Price of a new one is astronomical!). The main model number of the original is DELPHI 28236841. Also on this large white label it is marked "IND B" and HW09A and SW06A. On a smaller label below this is S/N: 01639511, Batch: 10/05/31, P/N:28257533, below that 751A-R1A-B7R0, below that 10221 Q2.
I've searched all over and come up with a few variations all with the correct main number (28236841). Mainly these are IND C (instead of B), and SW05A (instead of SW06A). On the lower label the P/N is the same as our original. This unit originates from a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 Hdi.
So my question is can this unit be used on our car or do I have to find one with completely identical labelling? What do the "IND B"/ IND C" references the "SW06A/SW05A" references mean? All my searches just show the main number as being fitted to 3008/5008/Citroen C4 with no reference to the other numbers. Only looking at the photos shows the difference.
I have to look for one in France as, since Brexit, I would pay excessive charges to get one sent from the UK! Bear in mind this is an almost 15 year old car!!
Sorry that the post is so long, but I needed to explain as best I can.
Fingers crossed that someone can help!
Cheers, Tim.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 3008 Battery module

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We can help if you need an original genuine part number, part diagram or factory build sheet and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or specific vehicle information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Tim06
Donor 2024

Post by Tim06 »

Hi Marc, I have made the donation. Vin is: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, thanks for your Forum donation Tim. If you need any part numbers in future, just post your request Here.
BGPA Module.png
(10) Protection & Management Unit, part: 6500GQ, £317.65 Inc. UK VAT @20%.

At least with the correct part number you can search and maybe source a cheaper one. :wink:

Marc
Tim06
Donor 2024

Post by Tim06 »

Hi Marc, thanks for that. as I said in my original post the new price is ridiculous, especially for a substitution to see if it's what's needed!
That part number comes up as being for a 308 and is exactly the same as the 2nd hand one I've seen, (€70), which says it's from a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi. Only differences are the "IND" on the Main label, (mine is "IND B" and the 2nd hand one is "IND C".), and the final line on the lower/smaller label, (mine is 10221 Q2, the 2nd hand one is 11172 Q3).
with reference to my original post, is anyone able to tell me if the 2nd hand one is suitable for my car, or what the Differences in numbers refer to.
Cheers.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As long as the main part number is the same, it will be fine. The other numbers are just revisions, but this doesn't require configuring or coding, so no issues there.

Just make sure you follow the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure when disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Marc