Captur DCT Box, which one?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RenTas

Captur DCT Box, which one?

Post by RenTas »

Well...I have still not received a definitive answer....I have asked Renault Aust., the fobbed me off to the local dealer who is as useless as tits on a bull!

I asked Renault UK, no answer yet, I posted the question on other forums with no luck.

The Captur 1.2 Ltr Tce Turbo was built August 2017 and because the question is, is it fitted with the Getrag 6DCT250 or the 6DCT450.

The 250 being a dry clutch setup and the 450 a wet clutch setup.

Getrag has since been taken over and changed names and stopped development on the 6DCT250 box....what I really need to know is when the 6DCT450 box took over?
And is it a wet or dry clutch model fitted to this car?

Any bright sparks out there with the right answer?
Last edited by RenTas on 24 Apr 2024, 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Captur DCT Box, which one?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just so you don't think you're being ignored, this is really only something a dealership should be able to answer. They should have access to vehicle specifications as it was built, so should know which you have, but one thing I can tell you is that you have the incorrect reference / model, which is why you maybe getting blanks....

It should be 6DCT250 or 6DCT450. You have the '6' in the wrong place.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RenTas

Captur DCT Box, which one?....sorted

Post by RenTas »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 09:24 Just so you don't think you're being ignored, this is really only something a dealership should be able to answer. They should have access to vehicle specifications as it was built, so should know which you have, but one thing I can tell you is that you have the incorrect reference / model, which is why you maybe getting blanks....

It should be 6DCT250 or 6DCT450. You have the '6' in the wrong place.
Thanks for ther correction Mark....duly noted 👍
After some lengthy discussion with a few people it turns out that the 2017 Captur 1.2 is fitted with the Getrag 6DCT250 trans. which is a smaller version of the 6DCT450
The 250 is a dry clutch system and the 450 is wet clutch which is fitted to post 2019 models with a larger 1.3 ltr engine.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Captur DCT Box, which one?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries, hopefully you've now answered your own question :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc