Peugeot 5008 2018 eolys additiv question

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Roberts R

Re: Peugeot 5008 2018 eolys additiv question

Post by Roberts R »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 21:39 Ok, so here is the fault descriptor for P1494 96:
Fault Code: P1434 96
Description of Fault: Multiplexed additive pump: Multiplexed pump fault. Particle filter additive system: Electrical failure.
Detection of at least 6 faulty items of information sent by the multiplexed additive pump.
The time of appearance of the fault code is 6 seconds.
Conditions for Fault to clear: The following conditions have to be met:
- Addition of 10 litres of fuel
- Driving with the engine hot for 5 minutes
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: -
Symptoms:
  • Lack of power
  • Absence of automatic stopping of the internal combustion engine
  • Starting problem
  • Deactivation or switching off of the cruise control/speed limiter function
  • Fluid leak/smells (diesel fuel, oil, etc.)
Suspect Areas:
  • Electrical harness
    Connector
  • Additive level
  • Additive tank
  • Additive injector
  • Multiplexed additive pump
  • Fuel pump - gauge module
As far as regeneration goes, essentially there won't be any additive mixed with the fuel in the tank, so it means that assisted regeneration won't be possible and the particle filter will have to rely on passive regeneration which only happens at 550 °C (so on a long motorway journey where the exhaust gasses reach this temperature). So be wary that the filter doesn't start to block as anything over 70% full can result in regeneration being ineffective and the filter will need removing for cleaning in this case.

As for official part numbers, we can help if you need an original, genuine part number or part diagram, and can't already find the info you need on the Forum. For this service, we do ask for a membership upgrade for official parts data as we are in turn charged for this. It will cover you for future part number requests for up to 2 years, so excellent value.

If interested, links are below, then provide your vehicle's VIN in full, which will be masked automatically when you submit your post.
A response to your question by a Forum Admin requiring parts or additional information requires you
to have made a current contribution
(Min. £10 / €11.48 or equivalent) to the Forum.
To Upgrade Your Membership & Donate Click Here

For Further Information About Vehicle Parts and VIN Numbers Click Here
Could it be that the pump is changed and the reset process is done that I need to fill the car up 10L or more and just give it a drive? Or since you said that it is not the correct pump then nothing will make it work? Also on the new pumps packaging there was a sticker that said : adaption with diagbox is necessary however the ECU workshop that I went didn't have the diagbox setup specifically. Maybe it is worth give it a shot with diagbox?

Also was thinking about maybe filling up the old pump and give it a try.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hard to say, but obviously having the correct pump to start with has to be a pre-requisite I would suggest as there are multiplexed pumps and non-multiplexed versions and different pumps for different vehicles.

I'm not so sure adding the 10 litres of diesel would work, but wouldn't rule it out, as the fuel level is measured with ignition off and again when ignition is on and the amount of fuel added (if any) calculated to set the metering amount of the additive pump. But I would expect the priming and resetting procedures in Diagbox to have prepared the pump.

Hard to say if the incorrect pump is fitted what effect this would have - but we do know that if a non-multiplexed version is fitted and it requires a multiplexed pump, then this will affect the control and operation of it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Roberts R

Post by Roberts R »

So I wanted to order full chip rev C Lexia 3 V50 cable that works with diagbox 7.83 or diagbox 9.91 with VMware from Amazon today but before that I contacted the seller asking if this will work with my car and he replied: all the offline functions will work, but not online. How could I know if this pump reset/ adaption function is an online or offline based?
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 03 Nov 2023, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Previous Post Quote
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't telecode (configure) options with V9.** (and later versions of some vehicles with V7.62 onwards) of Diagbox without online access.
You can undertake non-configuration operations like maintenance operations which include resetting additive counter, priming, replacing a part - except where any replacement part requires configuring which you can't do offline.

With your 2018 vehicle you will need V9.** in any case for all operations including diagnosis as version 7.** is too old.

Marc
Roberts R

Post by Roberts R »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Nov 2023, 21:41 You can't telecode (configure) options with V9.** (and later versions of some vehicles with V7.62 onwards) of Diagbox without online access.
You can undertake non-configuration operations like maintenance operations which include resetting additive counter, priming, replacing a part - except where any replacement part requires configuring which you can't do offline.

With your 2018 vehicle you will need V9.** in any case for all operations including diagnosis as version 7.** is too old.
And the online functions is only available for the dealerships or is there a possible way to get it for a private persons as well?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can purchase tokens from PSA on a per vehicle or per time basis, but generally you will have to download the official software as sometimes the clone software won’t work and there may be a risk of clone units being blocked.

Marc
Roberts R

Post by Roberts R »

Ok some update on the car:

Went to the dealership and they were not able to help with a quick adaptation. They told that they need to inspect the car to be able to tell what's wrong.

Well I thought to try and diagnose as far as I can to save some time.

1) checked the wiring at the connector- three wires one was ground the second shoved around 8V and the third 12 V when the.ignition was on.

2) opened up the old pump to check the small electric chip and the small dosing pump. While checking the chip with the ignition on it was sending 12v to the dosing pump connection.

3) removed the dosing pump and just put it to the 12v battery and it is dead.

4) opened up the new pump and saw that the dosing pump. Then I removed it and put it to the old chip since it was sending 12v power to the pump.

5) put everything together and started the car. The service light was still flashing and then I thought ok let it be. The next morning went to work and on the way there it went away. Yes thought that the system was running since the dosing pump was the issue. But happy days were not that long because on the way back the service light was on again.

6) put 29L of fuel in the tank and drove with the engine warm for about 30min hoping it will go away but nothing.

So now my concerned is that maybe the chip that's sending power to the pump was damaged and basically sent the power all the time resulting in dosing pump sending all the fluid (about 1l) in to the fuel tank and then kept running till died. I'm going to remove the tank again to check if there is still fluid so we'll see.

P.S the part numbers on the dosing pumps were the same. Except the barcode numbers were not but the numbers in the pumps were identical: 2980 030 0001-

I'm mean how the heck this 3 wire electric peace of s can make such a headache.