I have RT6 and keep getting "checking..." and "Insert navigation CD"

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

ChrisKe

Post by ChrisKe »

I think this is corrupt microsd card
I have a new card & tried copying the same files across but unit wont work with a any of my new SD cards, but only with the old SD card
I even reformatted the old sd card and put the files back and it works fine, but still displays "checking..." and "Insert navigation CD"
Im looking at "How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6" thread but it seems to refer to USB Drive and not microSD??
Should I follow the instructions for USB Drive and apply it to SD Card?
Any ideas?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: I have RT6 and keep getting "checking..." and "Insert navigation CD"

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't do this!

The operating system has to be restored correctly and what you have done is probably also copied corrupt files back onto the card. The guide doesn't mention anything about USBs apart from using a USB to run the firmware from in order to create the partitions and install the operating system and then optionally restore the suer files if you took a backup as per the guide.

Please read the guide again and if there are any parts you don't understand, then let me know, quoting the relevant part.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ChrisKe

Post by ChrisKe »

It refers to USB 22 times and mine doesn't even have a usb.

Don't suppose you have a link directly to the bit about a corrupted microsd card?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think you are totally misunderstanding what the USB memory stick is for. The USB memory stick or flash drive is for physically installing the firmware only and for the Mirascript backup and restore operations.

You will have a USB port in the vehicle somewhere, you probably don’t know where it is located.

Pop your VIN up and I’ll confirm.

Marc
ChrisKe

Post by ChrisKe »

I just have a corrupt SD card

Is there anyway to simply write a new microsd card from an image?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No - not unless you already took an image of the existing MicroSD in perfect health before there were any errors and also that the firmware version installed on the head unit at the time the image was take also matched the version on the image you would be recreating on the new MicroSD.

The firmware versions update more than just the card - they change system files on the motherboard.

Marc