PSA NAC RCC Updates

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: PSA NAC RCC Updates

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Change your USB stick for another one and make sure it formatted to FAT32.
Most of these issues are to do with failing USB sticks.

If that doesn't work, and you are sure the file download is not corrupt, then you may have an internal fault with the Head Unit storage.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Steve Walsh
Donor 2024

Post by Steve Walsh »

When I updated mine, I discovered you can not format a USB larger than 32gb into FAT32. A 64gb will format as EXFAT and it won't work
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes you can Steve, but you need to know how to do it :wink:

Microsoft limits native FAT32 formatting in Windows to 32Gb drives or less. This doesn't mean you can't do it though, but this format won't support individual files sizes larger than 4Gb.

Use a free tool like this:

https://formatusb.com/download

This will allow you to format USB drives larger than 32Gb to FAT32 and is basically what the PSA firmware update tool does behind the scenes - but you can't see it.

Just remember:
  • Make sure you select the correct USB drive letter before using it!
  • Make sure that when downloading any Firmware from my links, that you first download the compressed files to your PC first of all, then decompress the archive onto the USB afterwards. In other words DO NOT try and download the compressed firmware file from the link directly onto the USB drive - it will not work on a 32Gb USB because of hte 4Gb limit I talked about above.
The Firmware files are designed to be used on FAT32 USB drives for compatibility with the Head Units in PSA vehicles and is common for most vehicle manufaturers, so individual files contained within the compressed firmware download will not be larger than 4Gb once decompressed.

Marc
urrue78
New User

Post by urrue78 »

hola Soy de Chile tengo un citroen c3 1.2 2017 y no puedo actualizar mi pantalla DEL CARRO
se apaga y se enciende sola, quiero corregir ese error y no me sirve la aplicacion my citröen
la descarga no me sirve.
EL vim VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
ME PUEDE AYUDAR GRACIAS :o

Google Translate:
Hello, I am from Chile, I have a Citroen C3 1.2 2017 and I cannot update my CAR screen.
It turns off and turns on by itself, I want to correct that error and the my citröen application does not work for me
The download doesn't work for me.
EL vim VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
CAN YOU HELP ME THANK YOU
Last edited by myglaren on 18 Apr 2024, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translate text.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your VIN is incorrect!

Marc
ATOJAR

Post by ATOJAR »

The latest Citroën desktop app seems to be working, I re-downloaded and installed version 0.1.24 from the Citroën website, it actually downloaded the update, detected my USB pen drive and is currently in the process of copying the update to the pen drive.
doctor01

Post by doctor01 »

ATOJAR wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 13:26 The latest Citroën desktop app seems to be working, I re-downloaded and installed version 0.1.24 from the Citroën website, it actually downloaded the update, detected my USB pen drive and is currently in the process of copying the update to the pen drive.
Where did you download the new version update thanks
mastodonte1

Post by mastodonte1 »

Hello, Marc!

My VIN is *****************

Thank you!
Last edited by mastodonte1 on 21 Apr 2024, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@mastodonte1:

There are no updates - you have the latest firmware (21.08.87.32_NAC-r1) and map updates (26.0.0-r0) available.

Marc
Timppa72

Post by Timppa72 »

Hello Marc from Finland!

I just bought 2017 year Citroen C4. MyCitroen app said that I have two updates available. Map and firmware. Map update was ok and I was able to uploud it to the car. But firware load from the server does not start. As I have been reading this forum is it possible that you can help me with that firmware data. My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

Timppa
mrTruly80

Post by mrTruly80 »

Hello,
could you please generate a licence file for me and check the latest firmware I could update to?
My VIN is VR3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks in advance,
mrTruly80
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Marc
marifah

Post by marifah »

Hey,
I have a c4 picasso (2015). I'm fairly new to this and first time owning a french car.
I've searched whole internet for firmware and nav map updates.
I probably need licence too..
Can you help me ?
My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Last edited by marifah on 29 Apr 2024, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@marifah: Sorry, you don't have an RCC or NAC system, you have a SMEG system. This thread is only for NAC / RCC systems for which the maps are included for life.

Maps for SMEG are available from Citroen Navigation website:

https://citroen.navigation.com/home/en_ ... enEMEA/GBP

Marc