Airbox Vacuum pipe

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Danley88

Airbox Vacuum pipe

Post by Danley88 »

Can anyone tell me what pipe is on the Airbox of a DS3 turbo and where is it going? I want to do an intake on my DS3 and do not know what to do with the vacuum pipe once the airbox is removed.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Airbox Vacuum pipe

Post by xantia_v6 »

Can you upload a photo of the pipe?

I suspect that it is the vapour cannister purge pipe, but I am not sure from your description.
Danley88

Post by Danley88 »

IMG_20240226_175329.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That certainly looks like it and in that case it will go to the petrol vapour canister which is then connected to the fuel tank.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

On earlier cars, that pie connected with the air pipe just before the turbo inlet. It is connected to a valve under the manifold that opens up when the engine is running.
Danley88

Post by Danley88 »

What can I do in order to do intake, can I reroute the pipe or block it off?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What exactly do you mean: "do an intake"?

It's there for a reason....

Marc
Danley88

Post by Danley88 »

I want to do an intake with a performance filter for more noise 😏
Danley88

Post by Danley88 »

Screenshot_20231001_201648.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here's a little about how it works, so you can see its function:

The canister discharge electrovalve, controlled by the engine management ECU, permits recycling of the fuel vapours stored in the canister.

When the engine is switched off, the canister discharge electrovalve is closed: The canister absorbs the fuel vapours coming from the tank.

When the engine is running, the engine management ECU estimates the load in the canister by progressively opening the canister discharge electrovalve in order to measure the change in the richness of the air/fuel mixture admitted into the engine.

As the engine management ECU knows the output of the canister discharge electrovalve, it uses this to deduce the load in the canister.
The engine management ECU reduces the injector flow and controls the canister discharge electrovalve to obtain the overall quantity of fuel to be injected into the engine.
The control of the canister discharge electrovalve corresponds to a percentage discharging of the canister which varies in accordance with the engine speed and the engine load.

The engine control ECU, controls the motorised throttle unit to obtain a vacuum in the inlet manifold.
When the canister discharge electrovalve is open, the vacuum in the inlet manifold permits the drawing in of the vapours stored in the canister.
The use of a second take-off upstream of the turbocharger permits bleeding during the turbocharging phase. The upstream take-off is ineffective when the overpressure is created.

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

Danley88 wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 13:51 Image
The vapour hose is in that picture, the one closest to the battery running to the air intake pipe.