Diagbox 9.14x Boxer III Telecoding

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carnetworx

Diagbox 9.14x Boxer III Telecoding

Post by carnetworx »

Hi guys,

Need some advise pls - this Boxer III 2008 model is driving me crazy...

Long story short had the terrible water ingress issue in the left loom (RHD) near the ABS that caused the BSi to short out and got damaged. All functions sjow but the CAN-lines inside and the immobiliser functionality is damaged. Got a 2nd hand BSi - same series no etc. that requires coding.

I virginized the BSi with the power-drain method (battery rundown) and it worked as I can see that it now requires a VIN. However - I do have a decent Lexia 3 clone interface and the 9780x4 additional interface box. With the straight Lexia interface I can see all ECU's but when I connect the 9780x4 interface box I cannot - problem is that to do the remote telecoding (bought a token) it requires the 9780x4 interface but when I connect it Diagbox reports "no communication to vehicle card"

What am I missing or is there additional changes I need to make in the wiring inside the 9780x4 interface?

Would really appreciate your suggestions

Thnx a lot!!
wheeler

Re: Diagbox 9.14x Boxer III Telecoding

Post by wheeler »

carnetworx wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 11:01

I virginized the BSi with the power-drain method (battery rundown) and it worked as I can see that it now requires a VIN.
Not sure how that works, can you tell us more? Dosent sound right.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That sounds like a reset not a wipe to me - can't be done with a power down otherwise the BSIs would lose all their settings each time they were without power....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
carnetworx

Post by carnetworx »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 19:57 That sounds like a reset not a wipe to me - can't be done with a power down otherwise the BSIs would lose all their settings each time they were without power....
Nope - you are correct but that is not a power-draw run down of the battery to below 5V. Peugeot techie himself told me to switch on the headlight, internal fan & wait till the battery reaches abt 10V then start to crank it intermittently untill the gauges start jumping - that kills the BSi's flash & eeprom.

Definitely blank now - confirmed last night with a guy's SMOK system this morning :-D
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

carnetworx wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 08:28
Nope - you are correct but that is not a power-draw run down of the battery to below 5V. Peugeot techie himself told me to switch on the headlight, internal fan & wait till the battery reaches abt 10V then start to crank it intermittently untill the gauges start jumping - that kills the BSi's flash & eeprom.

Definitely blank now - confirmed last night with a guy's SMOK system this morning :-D
:shock: no wonder Diagbox wont talk to it :-D

If this was the case i would imagine you could 'wipe' the BSI just by accidently trying to start the car when the battery is discharged??