Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by myglaren »

I thought that Porsche had been VW from the start then split of a decade or so ago.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Just round the corner from my place a Nissan Leaf has popped up.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

They wanted Porsche for a long time and an opportunity came up so they sold their Suzuki shares to buy in when the old man died, they bought a large chunk of Porsche but they still didn't have controlling shares, or so they told us down in Milton Keynes, which is VAG's training Centre, now I did hear they had off loaded it on the grapevine but internet searches seem to indicate it is still part of us and we still have it's logo on any Official Volkswagen documents, at one time we could log onto "Volkswagen Desktop" and you could find a list on their of all they own or have shares in and it was quite a long list but that seems to have gone now for us as they were proud of what they had interests in, all seem to have evaporated after diesel-gate and they seem to be keeping their cards very close to their chests these days.

I think they are feeling a bit on concern over EV sales this quarter as they have lost quite a percentage to petrol cars across Europe, but I am sure it is a small glitch but lets face it even in the UK we are struggling for infrastructure for them. We were built 10 years ago with specific EV charging bays and chargers installed but as things have evolved we had new chargers, we then upgraded again to new cabling under the car park, we now have 6 standard chargers, one fast charger and only one Ultra fast as the substation we have on site is not good enough for the 6 fast chargers and 2 ultra fasts, the guys on the cabling were telling us this is most you can have now as the cabling and sub stations coming to yours are not good enough and need modernising to cope with the extra throughput, according to those guys that is the biggest hurdle to EV's the cabling and substations are to old to cope with what is going to be asked of them, they still could not get there head around what will happen with the banks of Victorian terraced houses, how do they charge their cars.

We have already had to replace 3 cables in a month and now have a CCTV camers trained on them as someone is coming at night and cutting the charge cables off at the charger, Police tell us it is becoming a trend, they think they are after the copper in the cables.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The Volkswagen/Porsche thing is a bit complex but VW are still the "parent" Company of Porsche. In September 2022 VW effectively sold 25% of their shares in Porsche in an Initial Public Offering (IPO) (12.5% ). As part of the partial float, the Porsche-Piëch families, who are VW’s anchor shareholders, will buy a further 12.5% of Porsche, at a premium of 7.5% on the price of the shares offered to the general public.

The point of it...more independence for Porsche but probably at the root of it all, raising funds for VW to fund their development plans.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... frankfurt

It is the Electric vehicles what have you spotted thread so keeping it visual here are a few Falcon photos of the Porsche Taycan...

an Odd Green

Special extra Mirror Discs

Side by Side at Birtley!

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

EV SnOOKER
CueImageBall
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I am often down there in Birtley and never knew that it was the William IV hotel. Never spotted that sign previously.
And I worked with a lad who's auntie owned it at the time.
The mechanic I use is behind the shops opposite that petrol station.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

What is that pink horror? It is atrocious...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

That is a Studebaker Avantii Jim! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 18:09 That is a Studebaker Avantii Jim! :-D
Its a conversion from here...the forgotten and dormant EV Conversions thread....
Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 27 Apr 2024, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Wake up everyone!
temp3.png
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey