Classic for under £10K

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Classic for under £10K

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

mickthemaverick wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 09:20 Image
It hasn't stopped raining so far today, stopped wall building so I amused myself thinking...I wonder where those gates are. To save anyone else of a curious nature searching for where they are...these are they. The two figures on the pillars are bears muzzled and chained reflective of the Mill Baronets Coat of Arms, who once owned the estate.

Mottisfont Abbey, Gatehouse - geograph.org.uk - 3589284
Mottisfont Abbey, Gatehouse by Len Williams, CC BY-SA 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

A competition suggestion. :) How many times did the salesman say 'lovely' in the Citroen presentation above.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 09:20
Same car sold for £8,000 at SWVA on February 1st 2024

https://www.swva.co.uk/classic-car/ford ... -auto-1975

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 14:15 A competition suggestion. :) How many times did the salesman say 'lovely' in the Citroen presentation above.
Nice lads Gibbo, "nowts a bother" for them, and thumbs up for them giving remote buyers a very decent coverage of the cars they have in their auctions. They can do as many, "lovely"s, "tidy"s and "straight"s as they like for me :-D . Undoubtedly the most thorough video walk-rounds of any classic car auctions that I have come across in my window shopping meanderings.

Here's their Maxi video. I like the Maxi badge on that model. Had to enlarge it a bit so not a very crisp image.
temp2.png
1980 Maxi in words and pictures, some words more frequently used than others :-D ..at the bargain basement end of guide price but looks good enough
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Two out of three ain't bad.
tick.png
ImageImageMottisfont Abbey/Priory Gatehouse Hampshire
tick.png
ImageImagePrehen House Derry Northern Ireland
cross.png
ImageIndistinct location somewhere in/near Dorset
The Capri sold at SWVA Poole Dorset Feb 2024, now up for sale on Carandclassic with a location of Dorset
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 17:51Indistinct location somewhere in/near Dorset
The Capri sold at SWVA Poole Dorset Feb 2024, now up for sale on Carandclassic with a location of Dorset
A shame that the photo isn't high enough definition to see the name on the plate on the wall behind the Capri.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

On Coupe day has anyone else always fancied an SM? At last an affordable option has arisen although it needs a polish and an oil change!! :-D
Spoiler: show
May need some attention!
May need some attention!
Details here
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 18:27 On Coupe day has anyone else always fancied an SM? At last an affordable option has arisen although it needs a polish and an oil change!! :-D
Lovely colour :D Very, very deep pockets required ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Paul-R wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 18:01
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 17:51Indistinct location somewhere in/near Dorset
A shame that the photo isn't high enough definition to see the name on the plate on the wall behind the Capri.

I had a go, there are plenty pics of the car here and I read that notice as saying something like East Village Farmhouse. https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions ... bk=block1
That didn't assist although there is a settlement called East Village near Crediton in Devon.
temp4.png
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Definitely Maybe "East Village Farmhouse"
temp4.png
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

I'm going to have a guess at the location for the photo shoot for the Capri.

The Charborough Estate near Sturminster Marshall in Dorset not a kick in the pants away from Poole.
Specifically just off the A31 at East Almer Farm house and buildings.

One of the Charborough Estate's claims to fame is that it is surrounded by one of the longest brick walls in England, comprising more than two million bricks and built between 1841 and 1842 by the then owner of the park John Samuel Wanley Sawbridge-Erle-Drax. The park wall runs alongside the A31 road and is punctuated by Stag Gate at the northern extremity and Lion Lodge at the easternmost entrance.

The estate uses a colour palete for its doors and buildings compatible with those in the Capri Location photos, blue doors, black higher "openings" right up to the roofline, and the buildings are notably brick built.

Nothing definitive because the street view cameras didn't go on a tour round the farm buildings.

Close as I'm going to get without driving there myself, East Almer Farm, Charborough Estate Dorset is my best shot from the armchair :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Not started yet but will it stay within this thread? :-D
BFTW
BFTW
Details here
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

A possible tempter for those with load carrying needs and a desire to be different: :-D
BFTW
BFTW
Details here
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

mickthemaverick wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 18:27 On Coupe day has anyone else always fancied an SM? At last an affordable option has arisen although it needs a polish and an oil change!! :-D
Spoiler: show
Details here
I think the care taken to select a complementary colour to the interior trim when "repairing" the steering wheel really is a prime example of the fastidious nature of its previous owner!
:rofl2:
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Here's one for the coupe lovers, it may be cheap because of the issues but the varieties of paint colour puts me off: :-D
An auto with panache.......
An auto with panache.......
Details here