DS5 Additive

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

segswc

DS5 Additive

Post by segswc »

Hello.

I hope I am utilizing this forum space correctly.
I have a Citroen DS5 VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
The Eolys additive needs to be refilled.
I saw on the Citroen service manual that the type of fluid depends on the color of the tank clickfit.
For Blue Clickfit I must use Eolys Powerflex.
For Green Eolys 176 or Infeneum F7995
and for neither green nor blue Eolys DPX42

My problem is that I have a blue clickfit on the overflow hose on top of the tank and white on the other side of the tank, the output connected to the pump.
I am now unsure which clickfit I should consider and what is the correct additive I should consider buying EOM and aftermarket.

I hope and appreciate someone can help me figure this out.

Thank You in advance.,
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 10 Apr 2024, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Separate Thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Additive

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've created a topic here for you, as that thread is for donating members only and for official part number requests.

For information, your VIN is incorrect and 1 short, probably in the last 8.

Regarding the additive type, ignore the Click-fit colours, they are irrelevant. Always go by the build date to determine the correct additive. Once you provide the correct VIN, I'll be able to advise you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
segswc

Post by segswc »

Hello @GiveMeABreak,
thanks for moving my post to the appropriate place.
The double checked VIN that shows up on my Circulation Permit is: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I was concerned because the Citroen Service manual makes strong mention to not mix the different types of additives based on the color of the clickfit.

My plan is to refill the tank with the correct additive; Remove the FAP and pressure wash it from the opposite way that the gases passes; run a regeneration and reset the additive counter.
Thank you
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

A word of warning, remove and clean the DPF with appropriate cleaner and backflush with a normal hose. Do not use a pressure washer as you may damage the structure of the DPF. It happened to my mate so beware! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

segswc wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 11:40 Hello @GiveMeABreak,
thanks for moving my post to the appropriate place.
The double checked VIN that shows up on my Circulation Permit is: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I was concerned because the Citroen Service manual makes strong mention to not mix the different types of additives based on the color of the clickfit.

My plan is to refill the tank with the correct additive; Remove the FAP and pressure wash it from the opposite way that the gases passes; run a regeneration and reset the additive counter.
Thank you
You missed an '8' out.

So you require Powerflex Additive for this build date (12910) and have a reservoir not a pouch system.

Marc
segswc

Post by segswc »

mickthemaverick wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 11:44 A word of warning, remove and clean the DPF with appropriate cleaner and backflush with a normal hose. Do not use a pressure washer as you may damage the structure of the DPF. It happened to my mate so beware! :)
Absolutely. Better safe than sorry. I think these filters must cost a lot.
I ve seen a video were this guy tested different types of products to clean the filter.
The one that performed best was pool cleaner (Muriatic Acid solution)
Thanks for the headsup.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

I use brick acid, works well and is cheap!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

They are the same. Alternately known as Muriatic or Hydrochloric. I think that muriatic, an older name, has been imposed by the Americans.
NotAnInterestingName
(Donor 2022)

Post by NotAnInterestingName »

Is DPF cleaning really needed? I'd suggest leaving well alone if there aren't any issues, it's supposed to take care of itself if the correct grade of engine oil is used and a reasonable length of journey is done now and then. I'd be worried about eroding its innards with acid.

No issues with either of ours, both at around 85k miles. Have had issues with Vauxhall/Fiat ones that don't use additives, but Citroen ones seem to be pretty reliable as far as I can tell.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, at some point either cleaning or a replacement will be needed, because they have a finite service life. Cerine elements in the Eolys additive are non-combustible, as are ash and engine debris that all choke up the filter over time. But they have a long service life and shouldn't need any intervention for at least 120k miles or more depending on vehicle age and type of filter fitted, as some later vehicles have a longer life filter than earlier models.

Marc
NotAnInterestingName
(Donor 2022)

Post by NotAnInterestingName »

Thanks, I'll leave mine until it tells me there's a problem.

I wouldn't know what to do with the run-off. Must be pretty dodgy stuff.