Peugeot 508 SW 2014 Radio problem

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

admiralpoint

Peugeot 508 SW 2014 Radio problem

Post by admiralpoint »

Radio last week started turning off and on every 20 to 30 secs. Can't turn it off totally so removed fuse.
I'm thinking it might be the cd head unit which appears to control everything.
Does anyone have an answer or a way to check if I'm right.
I've looked at finding a replacement cd unit. The only one I can find which appears compatible is in Lithuania and they want 275 Euros.
There are some on eBay for 50 to 60 which look to have the same connectors but I'm told you have to have an exact serial number match.
Surely there must be a way to re programme one of these of I need to get one.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot 508 SW 2014 Radio problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You haven't stated what head unit this is, so until we know there's not much I can do. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff and then we'll have a better idea of what we are dealing with.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
admiralpoint

Post by admiralpoint »

Thanks for the quick reply

VIN no VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

The number on the cd head is 9808376880-00

Any help much appreciated
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have an RT6 Telematics Head Unit and I've now moved this thread into the correct RT6 Sub-forum.

Basically this telematics unit uses internal flash memory storage in the form of a MicroSD card. This takes the place a Hard Drive. Unfortunately Flash Memory has a finite lifespan, as the memory 'cells' can only be written to a certain number of times, so like a failing hard drive, over the years, at some point the data will become corrupt. This Memory card stores the vehicle's operating system, user data, configuration and mapping data on various partitions.

You may wish to follow the How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6 guide yourself to replace it or time to start looking for a replacement.

Warning At this stage, if it is exhibiting odd behaviour it is likely already on the fritz, so if considering replacing the card is something you are contemplating (I suggest you have a full read of my first post in the guide linked to above), you need to make a backup copy of your user files NOW, before the deterioration worsens, as if it gets worse, you may suffer a black screen and then you've had it as far as trying to replace the internal memory card as you won't be able to see any screen prompts.

The backup of the user and configuration data contains all the options your vehicle has and is often required after you reinstall the operating system onto the new MicoSD card to restore the settings (assuming there are no other hardware issues of course).

Marc
admiralpoint

Post by admiralpoint »

Thanks for all of this. I'll have a read of everything. I'll post again when I need help if that's ok.
I've fitted a replacement screen and it's working fine. Well when the radio is on this isn't for very long it all boots up and everything's.
I presume the microSD card is inside the unit internally somewhere because I took the unit out of the car and I didn't see anywhere that had a micro SD card slot.
I'll read your links and crack on. Thanks for you help so far.
Regards
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes it's all in the guide, which is why I suggest you grab a mug of extra strong coffee and read through that first.

Marc
admiralpoint

Post by admiralpoint »

Will do. Cheers for your help so far!
Really appreciate it