Adblue tank replacement - will it go again?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Arduer

Adblue tank replacement - will it go again?

Post by Arduer »

Hi,

New to the forum. Hello.

I've had the adblue tank, heated pump, adblue injector and NOx sensor replaced by Citroen on a 2019 Berlingo. Will this fix the issue for good or am I likely to have adblue problems on the future? Have the new parts been improved at all?

Thanks,

Dan
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Adblue tank replacement - will it go again?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not sure what you mean and I must say that having ALL those replaced seems like a 'let's cover all the bases and replace everything' cop out to me. Proper diagnostics should specify what the original fault was and personally replacing the complete system sounds ridiculous. Usually it may be the compete tank it the pump assembly or heating unit has failed, which is understandable as the tank is generally a complete unit in after-sales and Citroen don't take tanks apart.

The NOx sensor is a completely separate part and should not of been replaced unless there were readings to indicate it was faulty. The Injector again shouldn't be replaced unless it is totally blocked from crystallisation of the Adblue. Similarly the heated supply pipes are only required to be replaced if they are not heating the actual pipe, causing the Adblue to crystallise, causing the blockage.

The only way I can see all these failing is if the heating supply has broke, or the pump has failed leading to urea in the pipes that is not being sucked back into the tank at ignition off. This would lead to blockages over time and similarly with the injector being caked in solidified urea.

But seeing as they have replaced the lot you should be good to go! I suggest in future you don't wait for the AdBlue level to fall too low. Top up with a minimum 5 litres every 4-5 months (I don't know what your mileage is), and I also suggest using some anti-AdBlue crystallisation additive available from Wynn's or Forte that will help prevent crystallisation of the system. I tend to use it to treat my AdBlue container and from there is then already mixed in for when you top the tank up without having to worry about the correct dosing.
wynns.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Re: Adblue tank replacement - will it go again?

Post by wheeler »

Arduer wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 22:00 Will this fix the issue for good or am I likely to have adblue problems on the future? Have the new parts been improved at all?
Allegedly the parts are ‘improved’ but they are still having issues to this day with the tanks on new models. The system is still just not fit for purpose.