Boot switch erratic.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

seanrx
Donor 2024

Boot switch erratic.

Post by seanrx »

Hi all.
My sometimes working hatchback boot release switch.

When I exit the car the boot will either unlock completely and pop up or just unlock, but boot handle won't work to open it.
And then a performance of locking/unlocking until it decides to open.

The actual boot latch, with boot open and a screwdriver, it does lock/unlock from the key fob. And rear wiper and wash is working.

Hayes tells me that the boot control module is behind inner body trim. But what failure would I be testing and looking for?
The boot handle finger pad could also be a failure.

Car is a MK2 2004 Hatch.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Re: Boot switch erratic.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The push button on the tailgate failed on mine the wet had got in. plenty on the net ebay etc.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
seanrx
Donor 2024

Post by seanrx »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 17:51 The push button on the tailgate failed on mine the wet had got in. plenty on the net ebay etc.
Thanks. And your boot, it was opening up too?

At end of a journey, my boot pops open and up. Always have to close it shut for central locking too work.
seanrx
Donor 2024

Post by seanrx »

Resolved.

The boot handle, I sprayed contact cleaner into it and removed the micro switch wires to try to remove it.

Either or both of these has fixed the switch. Perhaps the switch contacts, I've scraped of surface corrosion.

But now I just have to tap the outer handle or pull it's edge for the boot to open, I can hear the beep of the switch working as it should. And boot remains closed when unlocking the car.

Also, the switch retaining nuts, whilst turning these the bolts were turning too! Not good and a problem for another time.
But boot is working as normal and ready for the MOT.