Replacement CD/radio Peugeot 407

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gary T

Replacement CD/radio Peugeot 407

Post by Gary T »

Hi Guys, I'm a neewby here. I have a 2006 407 (from new). The CD player was chewing CDs and not spitting them out. I've got a replacement item from evil bay, and although it works perfectly, it emits a continuous beep. I take it that this is a security measure. Is there anything I can do to clear it or is it a dockyard job? TIA.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Replacement CD/radio Peugeot 407

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't just replace these units, they have to be VIN coded to the vehicle using PP2000 / Diagbox or another professional level diagnostic tool. :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gary T

Post by Gary T »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 13:03 You can't just replace these units, they have to be VIN coded to the vehicle using PP2000 / Diagbox or another professional level diagnostic tool. :wink:
Would that include the digital display unit above it, as that went blank a few months back and I've got one of those coming as well.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The MFD should be fine, as long as you are replacing with the same part number. The MFD integrates extensively with the RD4 / RD45 assuming that's what you have for this year - but let me have the VIN if unsure. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
Gary T

Post by Gary T »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 14:14 The MFD should be fine, as long as you are replacing with the same part number. The MFD integrates extensively with the RD4 / RD45 assuming that's what you have for this year - but let me have the VIN if unsure. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
My vehicles VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have the older RD4 system and as far as I'm aware there was no RD45 for these vehicles as they're the old shape and design, so forget everything I said about the RD45. Just focus on replacing like for like and getting it VIN-coded to the vehicle.

Marc