C8 diesel additive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Drivelafrance

C8 diesel additive

Post by Drivelafrance »

Hi all,

I have a 2003 C8 2.0 HDi. I filled up with fuel today and got a warning about low diesel additive. My issue is that tomorrow morning I need to drive 100 miles to go to the airport before leaving the car for a week and then driving back.

Does anyone know if there is a bit of a grace period the car gives you before going into limp mode etc?

Thanks
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Re: C8 diesel additive

Post by RichardW »

That will be no issue - it only injects a very small amount of fluid into the tank each time you fill up. Chances are there is plenty there for another few 000 miles yet.
Richard W
Drivelafrance

Post by Drivelafrance »

Thanks so much for getting back so quick.

Great news and I'll check it out fully when I get back.

Cheers,

Sam
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Drivelafrance wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 19:39 Hi all,

I have a 2003 C8 2.0 HDi. I filled up with fuel today and got a warning about low diesel additive. My issue is that tomorrow morning I need to drive 100 miles to go to the airport before leaving the car for a week and then driving back.

Does anyone know if there is a bit of a grace period the car gives you before going into limp mode etc?

Thanks
The system looks at the estimated remaining quantity of additive that it thinks is in the tank, (there is no physical measurement), and calculates the estimated range in miles this would give you. It then looks at your service maintenance counter and if there is insufficient fluid to cover the miles before your next service is due, it will flag the warning up to top it up.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc