Dispatch replace barn doors with tailgate Wiring and hinge issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RossC

Dispatch replace barn doors with tailgate Wiring and hinge issue

Post by RossC »

I'm trying to replace The rear barn doors on my Citroen Disptach with a tailgate from an Expert taxi e7.

I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, getting the wiring to work. Below are attached wiring diagrams from dispatch and expert tepee.

Dispatch 6218 plug is:

pin 1: G/Y wire ground,

pin 2: red wire always hot, even when locked,

pin 3: hot when door closed, even when locked,

pin 5: signal to lock door, hot with key fob press,

pin 4 : return to ground

pin 6: Brown wire

Dispatch rear door wiring:
dispatch_door_wiring.jpg

Expert lock 6222:

pin 1: pulse power to unlock motor - Currently just pulse 12v from powerpack to unlock from inside

pin 2: ground

pin 3: connected when door shut

Tailgate opening latch 6282:

switch connecting pin 1 to pin 2 which is currently ground:

Expert Tepee wiring:
expert_tepee_door wiring.jpg

I can get door ajar sensor to work by connecting pin 3 of 6222 to pin 3 of dispatch 6218 and pin 2 of 6222 to pin 1 of 6218.

I'm not sure on best way of getting tailgate button to open door only when van is unlocked. If I use pin 3 or pin 2 with switch in-line then the door will never get locked. Also, doesn't seem to unlock door if pin 1 6222 connected to pin 2 of 6218. Below is the best idea I have had so far, which would require both switch to be connected and key fob pressed to unlock tailgate.

Potential wiring:
potential_wiring.jpg

Has anyone done this before? If so, how have they done the wiring? Has anyone managed to make the tailgate open with button only when unlocked. Ideally without running more wires from BSI.

Does anyone know where I could get a connector to match the current plug, pictured below?
plug.jpg

Secondly, I have bolted the tailagte on using 12mm coach bolts and big penny washers. However, I get a fair bit of play in the hinges. When I fit the gas struts, the force downwards from weight and gas struts move hinge so that the tailgate doesn't shut. I think the tepee originally has nuts or something welded into the van structure to attach to. How have others solved this?

Thanks for any help!
wheeler

Re: Dispatch replace barn doors with tailgate Wiring and hinge issue

Post by wheeler »

What year is it? Is it a mk 1, 2 or 3?
On models with a tailgate the rear door does not physically lock when you lock the car, it just ignores the input from the tailgate microswitch.
Are the loom connectors not standardised? I would have expected there to be a plug in connector then a but of re programming to get this to work, can see PSA making t different harnesess.
Are you looking for the same plug in the pic or the matching male one?
RossC

Post by RossC »

Citroen dispatch is 2014 and donor tailgate is from Peugeot expert 2010.

So the plug was cut off the tailgate loom, so having to wire it up manually and so would like the opposite of the plug pictured.

I understand the tailgate doesn't lock, it just unlocks when button pressed and van is open. I'm just not sure how to get this functionality.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

The matching plug is part no 6541P8 £6.07 + v
You need the terminals separate, There are 2 sizes of terminals as the outer ones are bigger part nos 6541G4 (small) & 6541G3 (big) they are around 50p each.

*I know the pic shows only 14 ways in the plug but its just an example to show the type of plug, the part no is for the 16 way black version*
Attachments
16vNR.jpg
AndySan

Post by AndySan »

Hi Ross

Did you ever get this to work ? As I’m just about to do the same conversion

Cheers

AndyS