P0101 on Scenic 1.6dci -SOLVED

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

as5991

P0101 on Scenic 1.6dci -SOLVED

Post by as5991 »

Hi
I need help for my Scenic III from 2011, R9M-engine, it enters fail mode after 2-3 kilometers and I can read code P0101 (MAF range performance problem). This can happen durring accelleration or slow speed, but never in idle. The engine runs fine after resetting the error code, but only 2-3 kilometers, then it fails again.
I have changed MAF, Air filter, MAP, DPF-DIFF-sensor, exhaust pressure sensor.
I have inspected hoses for sensors, vacuum hoses, and flex-hose from airfilter to Turbo.
I have cleaned pipes on DPF with air pressure and mechanichal cleaning.
I have dismounted and checked EGR valve, it was totally clean. I was surprised to see it 100 % clean, so I checked for blanking plate, but there is none.
I have checked EGR operation under and over 60 degrees. and compared with a 1.5dci, I think this is OK. I use BT-doungle and CAR SCANNER APP for this test.
DPF-diff-pressure is low, so I don´t think it is clogged.
The turbo feels OK and MAP-readings seems OK too.
I have comparred MAF intake flow with exhaust flow, and MAF flow is stable following the RPM, but exhaust flow increases much after 3000 RPM. Why ? how is exhaust flow measured/calculated?
What should I look for next?
as5991

Re: P0101 on Scenic 1.6dci -SOLVED

Post by as5991 »

Hi again, the problem is solved now. This is what I did to solve it:
I cleared the Error code P0101.
I disconnected the positive pole on the battery and hold it on to the negative pole for 5 seconds to discharge and reset the ECU.
I connected the positive pole back on the battery. I guess the ECU is in learn-mode now.
I started the engine and pressed the speeder to 100%, Wide open throttle, for 5 seconds (I did this twice).
Now the problem was solved. We have driven 300 KM since without problems. I think this ECU reset + wide open throttle recalibrates the MAF, and maybe more.