Mission1979

Re: Bluetooth radio not remembering pairing

Post by Mission1979 »

VO42410
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so this should translate to be software version 4.2.4.10 VO.
  • On software versions earlier than 4.1.01.00 the RD45 has to be replaced.
  • If the software is equal to or greater than 4.1.01.00, and less than 4.3.0.3 then it can be updated.
  • If the software version is greater than or equal to 4.3.0.3 then again the unit has to be replaced.
So in your case, the possibility exists that updating it at the dealer will cure the issue. These system updates are not generally released to the public as they are released for specific reasons on specific units with pre-existing versions.

So if you contact Citroen and tell them you understand that to cure the non automatic Bluetooth connection on the RD45 with your version of software, an update can be applied to cure this problem.

Tell them to check the TSB reference D5BW011CQ0 for details.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Mission1979

Post by Mission1979 »

Hi there

I contacted Citroen hoping to book in for the upgrade, however Citroen want £144 to diagnose the issue.

I said about the TSB and there was literature about it, they said they needed to there own investigation.

I asked if they thought it could be diagnosed and updated within the 1 hour, they said they had never known an update to take less than an hour so I might be looking at £288 to fix, but might even be more.

I think an aftermarket unit with built in DAB and Bluetooth might be much cheaper with a better end result.

I might try another dealer.

Thanks for your help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately they will always charge a flat rate for diagnostics ad they will never just do an update in order to cover themselves. I can't see it taking over an hour as it's not actually a full telematics unit (which wouldn't take that long), but I suspect they are covering themselves in case.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc