DS3 microphone problem

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

jsl

DS3 microphone problem

Post by jsl »

Hi, I have a 2015 DS3 with RD45 unit and can make and hear phone calls but can't be heard: the microphone doesn't work. The roof mounted microphone is present but there is no continuity between the microphone connector and pins 3 and 9 on connector B in the head unit (the microphone connections I believe).

The wires in the microphone harness are blue and brown and the wires to pins 3 and 9 in connector B are green and purple so I guess there is a connector somewhere between the head unit and microphone.

Can anyone tell me where this connector is please and how to get at it? (how do I remove the fascia panels)
Or give me tips on routing a new cable?
Or suggest what else the problem might be?

Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS3 microphone problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome

It's best to pop your VIN up (automasked on post submission) so I can see what other equipment you may have as this can affect the connections if the microphone goes via an independent telematics unit first.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
jsl

Post by jsl »

Hi, the VIN for my DS3 is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so yes, you have an independent Telematic unit (you should have the call assistance button somewhere on the dash / ceiling console). So this means the microphone is first routed to the telematic unit and from there back out to pins 3 & 9.

Marc
jsl

Post by jsl »

Thanks for the information. Yes, I do have a call assistance button near the radio. I guess I'll have to locate the independent telematic unit and check the microphone continuity to that. Is this what's known as the GPS/bluetooth module? Where is it located please?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's located somewhere up or behind the glovebox on a RHD.

Marc