Bonjour all

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Baguette Moneypit

Bonjour all

Post by Baguette Moneypit »

Evening fellas

I’d like to start by making a confession.

I have a problem, a serial affliction for which it seems there is no cure.

I keep on buying cars that are unloved and in poor health. I can’t help it.

I always have the best of intentions to smother them with love and affection, to restore their former glories, but alas, life and work always gets in the way.

My current stable (scrapyard), is as follows:
A £10, 46’000 mile, 2000MY Renault Clio diesel that had been sat in someone’s garage for 8 years.

A recently dead MINI Cooper. A really nice, clean motor that tragically poo’d its gearbox.

Another clean MINI, a MINI One, with a gearbox that’s just about to poo itself.

A two owner, low mileage, V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee that needs an electrical leak fixing and a good service. I bought this as a replacement for my Wife’s Jaguar XJ, as she wanted something smaller and more fuel economical.

A mint, fully loaded Jaguar XJ that needs a full rear suspension rebuild.

A Renault Kangoo van that I use for work. Two previous owners, now on 117’000 miles, it set me back £280 as the last owner had been told it needed a replacement gearbox. It didn’t. All it needed was the linkage adjusting.

A “95%” finished Renault Kangoo 182. I think the previous owners idea of 95% finished differs quite a lot from mine. It needs completely stripping and rebuilding and rewiring, as it looks like Stevie Wonder has done the electrics on it.

A 200’000 mile, 2009 Citroen C5 estate VTR+. Erm, it’s a 200’000 mile Citroen. I’ll let you make the assumptions on how much work it requires !

There’ll also be a cheap Renault Twingo on its way to be soon, and a not so cheap Renault Trafic van as I need something bigger for work.

No photos at the moment as it’s dark. I can always post some tomorrow, not that you’re really missing much.

Anyway, enough of rambling. I just popped in to say hello before ordering a new Steering Rack for the Citroen C5.
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Bonjour all

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Baguette Moneypit wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 21:19 My current stable (scrapyard), is as follows:
A £10, 46’000 mile, 2000MY Renault Clio diesel that had been sat in someone’s garage for 8 years.
Welcome to the forum, I thought I did well getting a Clio for 6 bottles of wine as documented in the Bargain Basement Motoring thread here :-D

viewtopic.php?p=559131#p559131

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey