Xantia bad radio reception

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023

Xantia bad radio reception

Post by admiral51 »

DSC_0507.JPG
DSC_0508.JPG
DSC_0506.JPG
Think i have found the culprit, looks like it had been glued into place and may be the reason why the headlining is not fitted correctly by the windscreen :evil:

I think i have found a new base on Ebay
I cannot get onto service box to find out if i can get away with just the base and a new aerial as i cannot see what in car fixing looks like.
Guess headlining needs to come away just do not want to pull the whole thing down if that makes sense :-D

Edit the black tape i put on to cover up the locating hole as it would leak :rofl2:
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xantia bad radio reception

Post by xantia_v6 »

That base looks correct. Some Xantia have an amplifier module attached under the base, but the same base is used.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here’s the aerial for a MK II, but you’ll need to click the image to zoom and focus it.

No powered amplifier module shown, so probably done internally by the head unit.
494CD0C7-CFF3-4C9F-8EED-812328B89545.jpeg
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks for that V6 means i was guessing correctly and thankyou Marc for the diag gives me an idea what i will be looking at
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Well what an absolute horrendous job to do, i can see now why they did a bodge job. #-o

Only joking it took all of 5 mins and if the headlining had not been pulled away from the windscreen to start with i would still have it fixed in place :twisted:

Remove the holding brackets for the sun visors in the centre of the headlining ( 1 very small torx head screw for each), gently prise the headlining above the rear view mirror away from the windscreen to allow a little extra vision through the 2 holes vacated by the brackets.Use one of the holes for access, lots of room :)
One 8mm retaining nut is removed from inside and the aerial base is removed from the outside.
Place new base into locating holes, refit retaining nut and brackets, job done =D>