Hi From Manchester

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

hillkidstr

Hi From Manchester

Post by hillkidstr »

Hi ive just joined the forum to hopefully gain knowledge and to help other people if I can. I currently have 3 french cars,

Citroen C5 Exclusive 2.2 Auto 2003 with just 51k Miles that im sadly breaking as I needed the engine for a project.

Peugeot 607 2.2 Auto 2003 with 70k that i use as my daily.

Reanult Megane 1.9DCi 2004 with 47K miles thats a spare car.

Never expected to own a french car but have been pleasantly surprised and only owned my 607 for just over a year and very surprised with how comfy it is I have driven to Paris twice in it and it has never let me down.

Just thought I would introduce myself.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Hi From Manchester

Post by Paul-R »

Hello H and welcome to the forum. What are you doing with the engine from the C5? I had a mad idea some years ago to put the engine out of our Xsara (90bhp 2.0HDi) into an MGB.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
hillkidstr

Post by hillkidstr »

The engine is actually for an entirely different car that came with a 2.0HDi engine 16 valve but im halfway through an engine swap as i prefer how the 2.2 runs aswell as being able to gain some extra power from it. Its nothing exciting I promise.
white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

Hello, and welcome.
Have long had a soft spot for the 607, really liking its quietly impressive and understated style, and a potentially fine stablemate for its XM cousin.
Chris