The Only 605 in North America

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kenramonet
New User

The Only 605 in North America

Post by kenramonet »

Hello All:

I am the very happy owner of the only 605 SV 3.0 known to exist in North America (Google the title of this post to see an "Autoweek" article about my 605). I actually purchased the car about a year ago, but was unsuccessful getting it over the Canadian/US border until Saturday last. Don't ask. Suffice to say, the car is now legally operable in the United States.

The car came from Japan and enjoyed pampering from it's first owner it is pristine and needs nothing - - except a set of keys and a set of correct alloy wheels. It only came with the master/remote plip and it was always my plan to get a copy. Unfortunately, on my way home to San Francisco I stopped at a friend's place here in Seattle and key managed to fall out of my coat and into some dense hedging that borders a steep set of stairs.

Rain has prevented an extensive search so far, but who may I contact about obtaining a replacement copy asap? Can this be done using the VIN alone, or do they send one a blank for the owner to then cut? Because I certain no US locksmith has ever seen the X shaped key used in the 605.

Also, would anyone know if the oil filter can be commonly found in the US, or would this also something I need acquire abroad? Same goes for the air filter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kenny
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: The Only 605 in North America

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Welcome aboard the forum. I have no knowledge myself of Peugeots (I run a Citroen Xantia). However, I am sure that somebody will be along soon to offer advise.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The locks were made by Valeo. I don't know any other car that had the same key cross-section.

Keys including blanks are officially unavailable, your best tack is possibly to have a blank billeted up. You might ask the 605 forum as it contains a few clued-in obsessives, but they're pretty strict on their French.