Lexia worked first time - I think!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia97
My Cars:

Lexia worked first time - I think!!

Post by Xantia97 »

Hi All,
Well I managed to load the Lexia (not Diagbox) onto a Windows 7 64bit laptop under XP Mode and after a bit of fiddling with the 30 pin socket I linked to the car. :-D Just played a little today but did do a global test but only managed to read anti-theft, aircon and injection, no dialogue with anything else. So is it in fact working properly? Tried doing a second global test with the same results, tried to go into the suspension manually but again no dialogue.

Found 2 faults on the alarm
Re-supply relay - where is it?
Engine control unit connection - is this the one under the carpet (mine is now above the carpet)?

Found one fault with the injection
Intermittent fault fast idle solenoid valve short circuit to -ve or open circuit - do I need to get this fixed?

Any thoughts gratefully received,
Juliet
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Re: Lexia worked first time - I think!!

Post by Stempy »

Possibly need to have engine running for full dialogue. Don't know jack about diesels but try clearing the faults and see if any come back. Intermittent faults can just be glitches.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Ah, that would make sense, didn't think about the engine running, it's a very small laptop and I did notice towards the end that a line of the interface was not visible until I scrolled down.
I cleared the alarm faults so will clear the injection one next time, won't be today as I have a dog recovering from anaesthetic who needs watching.
Has anyone written instructions on how to use Lexia, I can hack my way around it but it would be nice to know I'm doing the right thing.
Juliet

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xantia97 wrote:Ah, that would make sense, didn't think about the engine running, it's a very small laptop and I did notice towards the end that a line of the interface was not visible until I scrolled down.
I cleared the alarm faults so will clear the injection one next time, won't be today as I have a dog recovering from anaesthetic who needs watching.
Has anyone written instructions on how to use Lexia, I can hack my way around it but it would be nice to know I'm doing the right thing.
Juliet
Using Lexia is pretty much self-explanatory, you can't really do any damage without putting the code in to write back to the ECUs - at least you can't on the later CANBUS cars, I guess a Xantia and XM are the same. Hack your way around it and have a play, I think that's how most of us who have them learnt. I'm sure we'll be able to help if you get stuck but as far as I'm aware, there are no written instructions anywhere!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The 30-pin connector is pretty rubbish, it's an oversized fake moulding off a real maroon plug and therefore too tight for good, even continuity on all pins.

I suggest one of three options.
First is to gently shave the outsides of the plug down with a woodwork chisel, using a real one (off a wreck) for checking.
Next is to harvest some plugs from wrecks, and solder up your own using an Ebay female OBD port (about £6 or so).
Final option is to rewire the car to have a modern OBD connector. Not so hard as you might think.
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Yes, wasn't impressed with the connector, had to take the grey locking bit off. 'Better half' slightly filed the socket in the car and checked how far the connector should plug in and so I think we have a good fit, he's a marine engineer so he gets to do those bits, I play with the computer!!

Any idea what pins should be on the car side and what each one is, there definitely aren't 30 there.

Had a right muppet trying to use a Lexia on the car last year, 3 hours and 50 euros later he still had not communicated with the car and gave up, blaming the car, could he have caused any damage to the pins? I was quite chuffed that I at least got some communication on my first attempt.
Juliet

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Someone with either the folio of Xantia harness diagrams or the SEDRE pirate discs, should be able to post up the most relevant diagnostic pin configuration. I've probably got one from '94 but no newer.
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

I have the sedre pirate discs but they don't have the diagrams for Xantias or XMs - typical!! :roll:

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'd suggest copying the image in this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51sfjqvo5x91v1c/30pindiag.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Thanks Addo that's great. Being an LX model quite a few pins can be ruled out.

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It's legible? I can upload a higher resolution one if that's too difficult for reading clearly.
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Yes it's legible, thanks.

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Well after quite a few sessions with the Lexia I still can only communicate with anti-theft, aircon and injection, have jiggled connections and plugs with no joy. I have an airbag and abs so I should be able to connect to them surely? Do you think I need to uninstall then re-install the software (which is easy with XP mode - just uninstall xp mode and re-install a clean copy)?
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Juliet

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

So since I can't talk to the deadlocking ecu can someone tell me please if it can be reset with a Lexia, or if there are any faults would they stop it reading codes from the plip - I now have the diagrams of how all the locking/alarm bits and pieces work from Citroen Service :P

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

What is the deadlocking problem? On Gracie her offside rear door could only be locked/unlocked manually, while the nearside rear was deadlocked and non responsive. The problem was down to failed wiring in the door concertina grommets between the central pillar and the door. I soldered in 0.5 meter lengths on all failed wires, and now all her locks are on the central locking system.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!