C5 Pollen/Cabin Filter Location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MichaelH

C5 Pollen/Cabin Filter Location

Post by MichaelH »

Doing a first service myself on my 2008 C5 (X7) latest model C5 (rhd) but cannot find the pollen/cabin filter. Assumed (as on my previous C5 (series 1)) it was behind the trim panel on the centre console in the footwell on either driver's side or passenger side but search shows it is not. Tried the panel above the passenger footwell but also struck out. (back of glove-box only) Before I start stripping panels at random, does anyone know it's location for certain?

p.s. There seem to be no service manuals available for this car but folk on e-bay reckon they can sell CD Manuals for this model for about £10. Sems dodgy. Anyone have any experience of these?

Mike
UK Midlands currently with C5 (X7) Exclusive 2.0 HDI + 2 Pug 306s (Meridian and L) and a Pug 206L a/c
Previous C5 1 Exclusive 2.0 HDI, Pug 407LX HDI, 2No. Pug 406s LX HDI, Pug 309GLD, Pug 205GL, Pug 505GL, Pug 604SE, Pug 504ti
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: C5 Pollen/Cabin Filter Location

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've got one of those 'dodgy' disk manuals according to it the C5 I and C5 II pollen filters are in the same place i.e. behind the right trim in the left hand footwell/console.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

According to my very useful and worth its weight in EOLYS, Citroen Service disc bought from eBay for around a tenner.....
the pollen filter is located in the passenger footwell, right at the back, on the right. You'll have to remove at least two trim panels to get to it - one vaguely diamond shaped on the right, and the toe piece at the back above where your toes would be. The service manual helpfully adds: "It will be necessary to play on the flexibility of the filter in order to be able to extract it". In other words - it's a tight fit. :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If it is like the C5 1 pollen filters they are a pain to remove but take note of the orientation as they are even worse to put back and impossible the wrong way round.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Thanks guys, had both the side diamond panel on the console and front (bit you put your feet on) off but couldn't see what I expected ie not like my C5 1 but I will look again with a good torch! If it is hard to get out it is probably hard to find! Hopefully not the most important bit of the service. I've still got plenty of air coming through so no as if it is desperate to do. :-)

Mike
UK Midlands currently with C5 (X7) Exclusive 2.0 HDI + 2 Pug 306s (Meridian and L) and a Pug 206L a/c
Previous C5 1 Exclusive 2.0 HDI, Pug 407LX HDI, 2No. Pug 406s LX HDI, Pug 309GLD, Pug 205GL, Pug 505GL, Pug 604SE, Pug 504ti
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Found it!!

Same place as on the series one but a lot higher. You now take the lower panel below the glove box off and work over the top of the side panel. (explains why I didn't see it on removing the side panel.

a slight Grrrr!!. Until now this vehicle has been main dealer serviced...so why when I found it are all the fixing bolts missing! Don't you love them!
At oil change they had also broken off or left out a number of the under-engine cover fixing screws as well.

(they did this on my C5 1 as well but it fell off before I spotted it and it cost over £100 to replace)

Mike
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

MichaelH wrote:Found it!!

Same place as on the series one but a lot higher. You now take the lower panel below the glove box off and work over the top of the side panel. (explains why I didn't see it on removing the side panel.

a slight Grrrr!!. Until now this vehicle has been main dealer serviced...so why when I found it are all the fixing bolts missing! Don't you love them!
At oil change they had also broken off or left out a number of the under-engine cover fixing screws as well.

(they did this on my C5 1 as well but it fell off before I spotted it and it cost over £100 to replace)

Mike
Thats nothing, i went to a Renault main dealership and the mechanics told me that had at least 40 under engine trays stored out the back where they "forgot" to put them back on after an oil change! :shock:
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: