BX Diesel Fuel Pipes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alan Patterson
My Cars:

BX Diesel Fuel Pipes

Post by Alan Patterson »

Does anyone have a tip to fit the main feed & return diesel fuel pipes, at the tank end it looks like I'll need fingers 6" long & 3mm thick to reach the rubber hoses in order to push in the metal pipe.
Or is it quite straight forward?
Any advice greatly received.
Cheers Alan
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Hi Alan - If you're replacing the rubber hoses from the tank to the rigid pipes, tie a string to the end of each hose before removing it. The string will help you to get the new one in. After ten years or so, the plastic stubs from the tank will have become fragile. Treat them gently or they'll snap. Washing-up liquid helps the new pipe on.
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

i had to do them for the MOT and they were a nightmare grip not helped by the diesel persiverance is the name of the game
Alan Patterson
My Cars:

Post by Alan Patterson »

Didthe deed, wasn't too bad. Broke the seal on the metal pipe with a blunt & thin screw driver, once the diesel started leaking past it came out with a bit of grunt. Front end is a piece of p--s, as you can get a better grip. Fitted jubilees as an extra safety margin. Bled the filter unit, primed etc & she fired & ran first time!! Left the return pipe as it OK, and my mottos's let sleeping dogs lie!
The feed pipe IS thicker, I gotthe Citroen one £6.30ish inc VAT and its shaped to the right size/shape etc which makes life a lot easier.
Don't knowif its my imagination but the car seems to have more oomph since fitting the pipe...air being sucked in before?
. I was suprised how much suction there is in the pipe, it hissed for a while when I first broke the seal on the rubber hose.
Thanks for everyones advice.
Alan